1

It was a normal day, well, as normal as it could get to someone who was working within the mafia, he had gotten yet more instructions from the boss himself, instructions that were to help him escape the current situation he found himself in.

With sweat running down his forehead Doppio climbed down the rusty ladder that led down from the roof of a building he had just stolen some files from.

He could hear the people he stole from searching for him as his feet hit the ground, "where now?" He whispered to the folder that he held close to his face like a cellphone.

"Doppio... Take the turn to left..." "Got it!" He did as ordered, he could hear the men coming from the right, making the mistake of turning to look back behind him he stumbled over himself and fell to the ground, the folder flying out of his grasp.

"No! Dammit!" He panicked as he got back to his feet again, reaching for the folder on the ground, but he was too late, a gust of wind blew and the folder was sent off flying to the air.

Doppio felt more panic rush in as his focus was now only on the folder, he began to chase after it in desperation, he soon stopped in his tracks as he noticed the folder flying through an open window into someone's apartment, "another break-in? I guess I have no choice, that would be the fourth one for today." He sighed as he slowed into a walk, looking at the apartment window, thinking of a way to get to the folder.

Walking around the apartment complex he could see the door into the building was left open, most likely by the staff, perhaps to let fresh air in after cleaning the floors? What was he thinking? He needed to get to the folder! Now!

He walked in with no hesitation, the apartment the folder landed into was pretty high up, maybe he should try the fifth floor? He turned his head to see the two options, stairs, or the lift? Remembering the time he almost got stuck in an elevator, he chose the stairs, he ran up them to the fifth floor, slightly out of breath he could see three doors, but it seemed only one of them had a name and mail information placed upon it, "[Y/N] [L/N], 'don't place ads within the mail, thanks.' Oh, this one could be it, I doubt the other two that are empty would even have their windows open."

Taking a hairpin out of his hair he glanced around before crouching down to open the door, "god this seemed so much easier in the movies..." He whispered to himself as he struggled upon opening the door, but soon enough, the unlocking sound could be heard as he stood up and opened the door, closing it behind him to avoid suspicion.

The apartment was small, but seemingly well kept, making sure he brushed his shoes on the welcome mat so no dirt would be left around in the apartment he began to search for the folder.

Peeking his head into the small living room he could not see it there, perhaps in the other room?

Walking through the kitchen he could smell something sweet, stopping in his tracks he sniffed the air, "ah croissants, ah I'm getting hungry..."

He spotted a closed door, "must be the bedroom." He muttered as he made his way over to it, opening the door he could see the open window he had spotted on the cobblestone sidewalk.

"Yes!" He cheered as he picked up the folder from the soft carpet, "now I need to-"

He could hear someone opening the door to the apartment, and froze, "that's odd did I not lock it?" He could hear a soft voice say, the hand that was holding on to the folder moved up to his face as he heard the boss' voice.

"Hide in the closet, now."

He did as asked while hearing the footsteps creaking on the floorboards, approaching the bedroom.

Pressing himself into the closet he closed the doors, he could see into the room through the small crack.

The door was pushed further open as he heard someone walking over, "I even forgot to leave the window open, It's like asking to be robbed, I need to start remembering things." He listened to the voice, soon he could see someone come to his view and he froze as his heart started to beat.

But not out of fear.

He watched as the woman placed few bags onto the bed and then went to close the window, he stared at her face in awe, it was like he was looking at a saint.

He assumed her name was [Y/N], a suitable name for true beauty- he felt his heart stop as you moved to pick up a grocery bag and made your way out of the bedroom.

"Get out and make your way to the window and get out of this place." He heard his boss's voice making him snap back to reality, he did as told, slowly opening the closet door and stepping out he pushed the closet door shut once again and slowly tiptoed his way towards the window, opening it once again before stepping outside.

Holding onto a drainpipe he slid down back to the cobblestone sidewalk.

"Mission completed, return to the-" 

"oh... [Y/N], I need to meet her again..." "WHAT?!-" Doppio flinched as he lowered the folder down from his ear, ending the so-called 'phone call'.

He let out a dreamy sigh before starting to make his way back to the hotel folder in hand.