one

"What if I-"

"No."

"You didn't even listen to what I was going to say."

"I don't have to. My answer is predetermined."

"Well, that's not fair."

"Life isn't fair, sweetheart. Deal with it."

"I want an annulment."

"Oh, shut up."

With a heavy sigh of defeat, Summer leaned back into the leather seat and stared out the window. Clear skies and white clouds. It didn't hold her attention for too long. "Well, what about the thing with Evans? Wh-"

"Babe." He leaned forward, grabbing her knees, and separating her legs. "We're on our honeymoon."

"Technically, not yet. We're still in the air and haven't landed, so-"

"Summer," he interrupted quietly, catching her wandering eyes. "Talk to me."

She shrugged innocently. "I'm trying to, but you're not giving me what I want."

"It's your anxiety, isn't it?" She said nothing, breaking eye contact to focus on the expensive, white leather that the seats were made from. "Come here."

Summer realized that she wasn't going to win this particular fight. Arms still crossed, she rose from her seat as her now husband of fewer than twenty-four hours pulled her onto his lap. Instantly comforted by the warmth of his embrace, she wiggled around to make herself comfortable. Comfortability came in the form of an angled position that allowed her head to rest on the space between his shoulder and chest.

"Not fair," she mumbled. He kissed the top of her head, right hand moving under her shirt to rub her back. "You know I'm a sucker for cuddling." A beat. "And if you tell anyone I said that, I'll leak your nudes."

He chuckled. "Go to sleep."

"Asshole."

"I love you too."

Summer swallowed back the nervousness that ate at her core from those four words.

Till death do us part

—————

"I'm a survivor (what), I'm not gon' give up (what)."

"Babe-"

"I'm not gon' stop (what), I'm gon' work harder (what)."

"Hon-"

"I'm a survivor (what), I'm gonna make it (what)."

"Summer."

"I will survive (what), keep on survivin' (what)." Summer continued, jumping up and down on the bed of their rented house in Bora Bora. "Wishin' you the be—hey!" In the middle of a leap, Christopher took the opportunity to snatch and throw her over his shoulder. "Dude, stop killing my vibe." He carried them over to the living room where he had the food waited for them. "I'm trying to set the mood here."

He sighed, setting her down, and gently grabbing her pouting face. "Honey, I know this isn't what you thought our first night as husband and wife would be like-"

"Are you kidding me?" She turned up her nose in disbelief. "Christopher, we're in fucking Bora Bora."

"A storming Bora Bora."

"Aren't you the God of Thunder?"

"Aren't you a weather goddess?"

"Only when someone runs me my check." He chuckled as she recognized the disappointment that he was trying desperately trying to hide.