Elowen x Reader-Sword Practice

for local.fictif.simp / idily.art on Instagram <3

"Up and at 'em." Huh..? Wha- what time is it? "Hey, wake up." A sudden flash of bright light startles me awake. I sit up in bed and see Elowen standing in front of the windows, opening the curtains.

"Good, you're up. Time to get out of bed, we've got work to do."

"Elowen, what are you talking about? What time is it?" I ask.

"I'd say it's about 7am, perfect time for sword practice," she responds.

"Sword practice?! You're finally going to teach me?"

"You've been pestering me non-stop about this, I think it's finally time to shut you up."

"Um okay... give me a minute to wake up a bit first."

In a few confident steps, Elowen appears right in front of me. She doesn't hesitate before gently cupping my cheek and pressing her lips to mine. Immediately, I kiss her back. "Now, that seems to have woken you up," she purrs.

I can't help the flush that rises to my cheeks. She pulls away and strides to the door. She lingers when she notices I still haven't gotten out of bed. "Babe, this is the one time I will willingly teach you to wield a weapon. Are you coming or not?"

Not wanting to miss my chance, I bolt out of bed and catch up to her. She's finally teaching me, oh my gods, she's finally teaching me! She'd taught me some hand-to-hand fighting techniques for "my own safety," but she hasn't taught me anything with weapons yet. The closest I've gotten is watching her train, which I really can't complain about. She's a marvel to watch; everything from the way she moves to the sure way she holds herself is mesmerising, I can never bear to tear my eyes away from her. She may or may not tease me about that last part...

I snap out of my thoughts as we exit the tower, and I can't stop the flow of questions that start pouring out of me.

"What are you going to teach me first? Have you ever taught anyone else? What's your favourite weapon? Can I use your swords?"

She turns to look at me and I freeze. Is she mad at me because I asked so many questions? Before I can ponder that any further, I find myself pinned against the wall.

Elowen's breath is hot against my ear as she says...

"First thing you should know about the way I teach: I don't take questions until the end. Less talking, more training. Understood?"

I gulp audibly, and hum in agreement. I hope that Elowen can't feel my heart pounding, even though we're pressed so close together. After another moment, she pulls away. I take a breath and follow her to the training grounds. When she hears my footsteps stop, she turns around to face me.

"Ready to start?" She looks way too pleased with herself.

I nod, but I'm nervous. I genuinely have no idea what to expect; her moods can change in a split-second.

Speaking of, instead of allowing me to respond to her, she kicks out her left leg and sweeps my feet out from under me. Falling on my bum prompts her to say, "I'll take that as a 'no.'" She holds out a hand to help me up, and asks me again if I'm ready to start the lesson. This time, she gives me a chance to reply. "Yes," I answer, hoping that I won't regret my decision.

"Alright," she claps her hands together once, to draw my attention to her -as if it ever left- and starts the lesson by saying, "every good fighter needs to know how to stand properly." "Wow, really? I had no idea!" I quip. "Well, obviously, it took almost no effort to knock you over!" Right, we'll save jokes for later...

She demonstrates the stance and tells me to copy it. I think I've got it nailed down, but she makes a few adjustments. Unlike some cat people, she doesn't tease me the whole time. Not that I would mind her hands on me...

I'm still thinking about... that when I hear a voice ask, "did you hear what I said?" Brain, stay in the present moment, please. "Um, sorry, could you repeat that?" Elowen huffs, but relents. "I said I was going to grab a training sword for you. In the meantime, I want you to practice going from your regular standing posture to the stance I showed you, you got that?" "Yes ma'am!" I reply eagerly.

She walks off, and I start shifting stances. After a minute or so, I feel a pair of hands come to rest on my hips. My breath stutters and my heart rate speeds up; Elowen is now so close that her torso is pressed to my back. She angles her head to whisper into my ear, in a breathy voice, "Were you so busy thinking about me that you forgot the adjustments I showed you? Maybe you really do need me to guide you a bit more~"

WELL *coughs* sword training ended up turning into a wrestling match ;)