1.

Naomi

Naomi

"Kyla, come on mama." I said, coaching my 10 month old to walk towards me. I smiled watching her try to waddle towards me without falling. I scooped her in my arms, grabbing my purse and her diaper bag before leaving our little apartment.

I had just got a call from my gynecologist saying, she needed me to come in immediately and that we couldn't discuss the matter over the phone. I'm kind of scared to know what she needs to tell me, but i know that it can't be anything too crazy. Probably a mistake in some of my paper work or something.

"Good morning, Mrs. Smith." I greeted, seeing my next door neighbor outside of her apartment. Mrs. Smith helps me a lot with Kyla, she watches her for me when i need to go to work or whenever i just need a break. She's like the grandmother of the building.

"Oh, Naomi and Princess Kyla." she smiled, kissing both me and kyla's cheek causing her to squirm and giggle. "Where are y'all going?" she questioned.

"We're just about to visit the doctor, run some errands." I said, locking my door. "Can you watch kyla for me when we get back."

"Girl, just drop my baby off, i'll be here. i ain't got shit to do no way." she said, waving me off as we both laughed.

"Thanks ma, i'll see you when we get back." I adjusted kyla on my hip, waving goodbye as i walked off

"Be safe." She yelled.

I scrapped kyla into her car seat before driving off to my doctors office

*

"Hi, Maggie. I'm here to see Doctor. Poly." She looked up at me and it was like her face went blank. I stared back at her, confused waiting for her to tell me what to do. "Hello?" I waved in her face, trying to get her to come back to reality.

"Sorry, you can go back there and make a right, you should see her in her office." she weirdly smiled, pointing towards the back.

"okay." i said with a confused facial expression. "come on mama." i said, giving Kyla my hand so she could walk with me to her office.

" i said, giving Kyla my hand so she could walk with me to her office