Chapter 6

I woke up in a cold sweat. Danm it! They are dead, why the hell won't they just leave me alone? I check my phone to see the time and it is currently 4:40 am. There is no way I would be able to go back to sleep now. I thought I could do some reading but the pictures of the fucking nightmare just won't go away.

I need to let it all out. I pull my hoodie over my head and make my way out of the room with the intention of going to the gym, punching something might help me deal with this situation right now i mean it has been working just fine for the past few years. But then I remember where I am and realise that that might not be an option so I instead go to the library. I remember when Marco told me about the library being soundproof so i might be able to play without anyone finding out.

I quietly enter the library, closing the door behind me and making my way to the piano. Sitting down I let my fingers glide over the keys, closing my eyes I let my hands lead me and start playing. I didn't even put thought into what I would be playing, I ended up playing idontwannabeyouanymore by Billie Eilish, I guess the song did fit pretty perfectly to my situation didn't it. I guess even after trying to put up a cold front, even after trying to seem strong I still can't help but think that I don't want be myself anymore. I can barely look at myself in the mirror, I couldn't even defend myself against my.... abuser.

That is the one regret I have always held, even after years of training I still could never fight back and hated myself for being this weak in front of them. I feel tears on my cheeks, I quickly wipe them of and look outside the window to see the sun had already risen. I must've been sitting here, thinking for too long I slowly get up and make my way back to my room as quietly as I can but as soon as I get out of the library I crash into a wall and fall down as I look up I see Luca with that permanent scowl on his face as he started down at me with disgust. What have I ever done to you?

"What the hell are you doing?" he shouts making me involuntarily flinch. I quickly tried to cover it up. "I just thought I could check out the library." I said nonchalantly. "At 7 in the morning?" Luca asked suspicion lacing his tone. "Yeah. I usually wake up early and I thought I could do some reading." I said as normally as I could. But I probably failed looking at Luca's expression.

I expected to him to interrogate me more on the topic but he just scoffed and went down to the living room. I don't get that guy, like what had I ever done to him that he literally hates me. You know what I don't give a shit.

I myself decided it was time to go down so trying to remember the oath I followed last night I made my way to the living and saw all of my brothers there. Xavier and Alexander were expensive looking suits while the twins were in casuals, Dante wasn't present here.As I entered the room all eyes turned to me except Luca who was too busy texting on his phone.

"Good morning Kate" greeted Alex in a happy tone but given the crappy morning and even crappier night I had, I couldn't find it in me to reciprocate that cheerfulness so I instead just mumbled a morning and went to get something to eat. I ended up getting an apple and a glass of milk. "Is that all you are having?"
"Yeah"
"Does that even fill your stomach?"
"Yes it does"
"Look you are already too skinny, eating only one apple is not healthy. And besides you don't have to keep on worrying about your shape." Wait. Did he really just say that? Has just gone on to make an assumption about who I am. There are multiple reasons people can have a small diet and you are supposed to talk to them, not just make this assumptions.

"So what you are really just going to make assumptions like that about. You don't even know anything about me. Who did you think you are to talk like that about my body?" I said almost yelling.
"Come on Kate. I do know you, you are my sister and I-" but I cut him off mid sentence. "No! You do not know me." I was standing up and full on yelling now. "The person you know is the 2 year old girl that was your sister but guess what I am not her. I mean I didn't even know who you were two days. Neither of us knows the other so stop trying to reclaim whatever kind of authority you had over me be because it isn't going to work." I could feel all the stares on me right now.

I didn't dare look up, I don't think I wanted to see their faces right now. As I was staring at Alex I could see a plethora of emotions flash across his eyes, hurt, anger, guilt, resentment. The tension in the room was too much to take. So I decided it would be better for me to just go to my room for a little while, until the douche actually decides he should apologise for making assumptions about my body.

Just as turn to take a step I collide into someone I look up to see Dante but he looked different, I was close enough to him to smell his breath. DRUNK.
As I moved my neck up to look at his face I did not like what I saw in his eyes. Bloodshot. HIGH.
And just like that everything came rushing back, the memories, the touches, the blood everything. I tried to keep myself calm but my breathing quickened and I thought I was about to have a full blown Panick attack, but I was brought out of my mind by a booming voice that came from behind me.

"DANTE! TO YOUR ROOM RIGHT NOW. I WILL DEAL WITH YOU LATER!!"  Xavier shouted but Dante didn't seem even a little bit fazed by it whereas I was slightly shaking from the memories and the shouting. "I am here to get food okay. You can't starve me." Dante said. I was standing in front of Dante facing him, but I could still feel the harsh glare Xavier was giving Dante. But he must decided not to fight right now as I saw him sitting back down from the corner of my eye.

Suddenly Dante looked at me and all of my attention was back at him. I just wanted to get out of this situation. Why does this never leave.
"Move" Dante said looking down at me but I couldn't. Trust me I wanted to but I just couldn't get my fucking body to co-operate. I just stood there staring blankly at him
Move got dammit. Get out of his way.
I can't.
Well why the hell not. You trained for years and he isn't Jason or your mother so why aren't you fighting back.
He could hurt me.
Anyone can do that. But you haven't been afraid of them.
Well all of them weren't necessarily high. And I kind of thought he would be nice, like I thought mother would be or Jason but I don't think he is. And I don't know what he can do anymore.

I was again brought out from my thoughts when I heard a yell and I was pushed back. "I said get the hell out of my way." Dante shouted. I wasn't prepared, as I stumbled back the corner of the table hit my lower back hard. Sending pain shooting through my entire body. I closed my eyes to stop myself from crying out in pain. But tears started to pool in my eyes. Alex was by my side in a second trying to help me and ask if I was okay. Through my tears eyes I could see Xavier hold Dante up by his collar and drag him out of the room. While the twins followed him out.

I could still hear Alex asking me if I was okay. But I just needed to be away from them right now. "I am going to my room." I try to make my way out but am stopped again by Alex gripping on to my wrist. "Are you sure you are okay? I check up on that if you want?" Yeah... there is no way in hell that he is going to look at the disgusting mess that lies under this shirt.

I just tell him I am okay and make way up to my room as fast as I can. As soon as I get in I close and lock the door. I didn't even make to my bed before my legs gave out and I collapsed on the floor, tears streaming down my face while I tried to hold in my sobs. I was lying on the floor curled up into a ball. I stopped crying a few minutes ago. I was just staring at a wall thinking of how those drugs and alcohol still haven't left me. Thinking of weak I was back there. I let him push me, I was the one who let him hurt me. I could have easily defended myself but I was just too lost in my own thoughts.

I can't let that happen again. I know now that I might not be able to simply defend myself with just my hands. So I made my way to my closet and took out the box I had bought along from back home, I really was wishing that wouldn't have to use it. I had gotten it from Grayson. He told me that with the kind of work I do and I status that had I would need it. He even trained me to use it. I had to a couple of times but only when I was threatened and I had not other way out. Hiding the gun under the mattress. I decided to take a bath and go to bed.

I'll handle these fucking problems tomorrow.

———————————————————————

Ooooo!! Shit happened! I would love to hear your guys thoughts on the chapter. Whatever you thought, I want to hear them all.
I will be starting of the next chapter in the brother's Pov, to actually see what happened.
What are your thoughts on Kate having killed people before. And what do you think will happen between Kate and Dante in the future??

I love all you people💕💕✨✨

Do vote
Comment
Share