Prologue

According to legend, long ago there was a Monkey King named, Sun Wukong. Although he had great powers, he was also a great troublemaker. He would constantly break the Laws of the Heavens, but the one that angered the Jade Emperor the most was that the Monkey King had fallen in love with his daughter, Ruyi, and she in turn was in love him.

Many times Sun Wukong asked the Jade Emperor for Ruyi's hand in marriage, but the Jade Emperor refused

Jade Emperor: "I will never allow my daughter to marry, especially not to a Monkey like you! If you dare come here again or even come near my daughter, I will kill you with the might of the heavenly army!"

The Jade Emperor had forbidden the Monkey King from seeing Ruyi, but that did not stop the two lovers. They married in secret and planned to elope to Sun Wukong's home. On the night of their escape, the Jade Emperor discovered their plan, and sent the heavenly army after them.

Jade Emperor: "Insolent Monkey, you have broken my laws and shall taste my wrath! Release my daughter, and you may be spared!"

Sun Wukong: "Never, we want to be together. If you had accepted my request for her hand in marriage this wouldn't have happened!"

Hidden in the clouds of the Heavens, a hidden archer aimed his bow and arrow at the Monkey King. As they released their arrow, the arrow flew towards Sun Wukong's heart. Before Sun Wukong could dodge, Ruyi blocked the arrow with her body, causing it to pierce her heart.

Wukong: "Ruyi!"

Ruyi began to collapse, but Sun Wukong caught her before she fell through the clouds of the Heavens.

Wukong: "Ruyi, No, No, We were so close to being together!!! Stay with me!!! Ruyi!!!"

Ruyi looked at her lover with a smile on her face, happy she could at least protect the love of her life and die in his arms. She raised her hand slowly towards his cheek, caressing it one last time before her eyes closed and her hand fell limp. Sun Wukong screamed in agony as he held tightly to the dead body of his one true love. Before the Jade Emperor could command the Heavenly Army to attack, a bright light appeared between the Heavenly Army and Sun Wukong. It was Buddha himself, the Heavenly Army immedealty kneeled, while Sun Wukong continued to cradle the limp body of Ruyi.

Buddha: "You were meant to die today Sun Wukong, but because Ruyi gave her life for yours, I will imprison you for eternity, never to see Ruyi again."

With a wave of his hand, Ruyi's limp body disappeared from Sun Wukong's arms and he was thrown out of the Heavens.

Buddha: "Ruyi shall be reincarnated 500 years from this day. If she awakens her memories, she will become immortal again and we shall see what she will do in the mortal realm. If she chooses to return to the Heavens, we shall welcome her with open arms, but if she chooses to stay with the Monkey King, we shall leave them be."

The Jade Emporer simply kneeled with his head down and continued bowing without shedding a tear for the death of his daughter.

Jade Emporer: "As you wish, Buddha."