𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒊𝒔𝒎𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒄 𝒅𝒆𝒗𝒊𝒍

  ❝ The world is full of monsters with pretty faces.❞  

The Legacy  ⋆ The Legacy   The Legacy

❝ It takes a monster to destroy a monster... ❞

You were your father's only heir. Your father was one of the first candidates to join Lord Voldemort when the Death Eaters were merely a project, and you wear that title with more pride than you wear the purity of your blood. The fact that your family didn't make it to the Sacred 28 list is nothing compared to that. You were born to do this, and you were never afraid to show it. 

You were meant to be everything and yet, he wasn't satisfied.  You strove to be everything he wanted, the good son, the prodigal heir, but that only lasted so long. You gave up trying to please him when he raised his hand against your mother and yourself one too many times. You dealt with the pain, and took the blows, if only for her sake, for he had already reduced her to a shadow of what she once was.

You spent your childhood with the Black sisters, forming an unbreakable bond with Bellatrix. The two of you learned things that would have even made your father proud, for the destruction in your blood was the same as his, though you held rules that he wouldn't. 

You fell in love as a child, and your mother softly whispered in her one of her lucid moments to seize it. But you hesitated, because for all your rules and morals, you held the same cruelty as the man who had put you through so much. So you buried those feelings for Narcissa Black where they would never reach the light of day, because you were a monster, but a monster shouldn't love. But you made your silent promise that you'd still keep her safe, even if nothing could come from it.

You accepted your letter to Hogwarts at the age of eleven, forming bonds with others over the mutual distaste for the mudbloods allowed within the castle walls. Your father may have been a monster, but he had ideals that you had carried all your life. Your blood was pure and there were those who didn't belong in this world. Despite everything, it was no surprise that you would follow in his footsteps. You would become one of the Dark Lord's favourites, the perfect soldier.

You were merciless, but you were clever, and unlike him, you didn't lose control easily. You flirted and charmed your way through the years, and you let the rumours swirl, never denying or confirming anything. You made them comfortable in your presence, made them forget about even suspecting you, but the incident with Mary MacDonald casted shadows of doubts. They claimed it on blood purity but you knew better and it was a secret you'd take to the grave.

You had found her crying, that pale haired Black witch, and the rage that had surfaced within you had been like nothing you had ever experienced before. For even with your best efforts, all the other girls and the lifestyle you had chosen, you found you still loved her. You had let her cry, wiped away her tears with your half crooked smile, made a joke that you couldn't even remember now, and you had gotten a name. A few hours later, MacDonald had ended up in the infirmary.

You tried to bury those feelings again, but it didn't work this time. Maybe it hadn't last time either, but you had just been too stubborn to acknowledge them. You watched in silence as she chased after the Malfoy boy, suffering from heartbreak each time. You never said a word when she climbed into your bed at night, looking for a shoulder to cry on and a familiar presence that had always been there. Unlike the others that had found themselves there, you were simply content to be her friend, for that was all you'd let yourself be.

Until a visit back home, when things changed. Hogwarts may have saved you, but it did little for your mother. And you lost your temper again, this time on the man you had called a father. You had always been good at the Imperius Curse, one of the best, for your subtle nature fitted the curse well. But fury and a breaking point fuelled the Cruciatus curse better. You were like him, in more ways than one, though you never wanted to admit it. It put an end to it all, and you knew he would never raise a hand against her again for fear of retribution. He had wanted a cruel son, so you had given him exactly what he had asked for.

That term at school, you pushed her away, adopted the aloof, uncaring mannerism of a pureblood heir. The change confused her, left her lost without the one person she had considered a friend. But you knew it was better that way. For you were dangerous, and you couldn't bring yourself to put her in harm's way. Harm that would no doubt come from your own hands. You were the monster, and your father was right. Monsters aren't allowed to love.

The Legacy  ⋆ The Legacy   The Legacy