𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒊𝒄𝒆 𝒒𝒖𝒆𝒆𝒏

 ❝ You know the kind of woman that just screams trouble? you see her, and every warning bell in your brain starts going off, but you still manage to ask for her number? ❞  

The Black Widow  ⋆ The Black Widow  ⋆ The Black Widow

You could have had everything, the daughter of a wealthy Italian pureblood male and a member of the Shafiq family. But life doesn't work like that, and you found it out at a very young age. Your father didn't stick around, didn't want a child, let alone a daughter. You were just another burden, and he didn't want to be tied down to anything. Your mother was shamed for a child out of wedlock, but she kept you just the same, her head held high, with that same fire that would eventually be found inside of you. You say your trust issues started then, but that was not entirely true. You couldn't remember him anyway, when for a time it was just your mother and you.

You were your mother's whole light and joy, the perfect little pureblood heiress. You were a Shafiq, not a Zabini, she told you time and time again, the heir to the family, and you believed her. You grew up in the manor, proper and poised, even as a child. But your life was never meant to be easy, if the situation of your birth was anything to judge by. Your mother died when you were six, leaving you behind in a manor with a family who wasn't entirely sure what to do with you. Your blood may have been pure, but you were female, not the male they had hoped for, good only to marry off to a rich pureblood.

You grew to resent it, the way they treated you, as some sort of doll who should be seen and never heard. You had been raised to believe otherwise, that you were important, but that had all come crashing down the moment she had died. So you did the only thing you could think of. You took the last name of the man who had walked out on your and your mother, and you became a Zabini. You shed the name Shafiq like a second skin, and you learned to embrace it. She had called you the heir, and the heir you would be.

You met him once, before you first started at Hogwarts, and you wouldn't have cared if you had never met him again. But he granted you the one thing the rest of them hadn't. He made you the heir of the Zabini name, and he told you to keep it forever. It was the only thing he had ever given you, but perhaps it would be the most important in the years to come.

You thrived at Hogwarts, the kind of girl who managed to lure in everyone. But you didn't notice your own talents. Not at the beginning, for your heart hadn't hardened completely beyond repair and you saw no need to break hearts in return. Until he happened.

Antonin Dolohov was the type of boy who shouldn't have caught your attention. He had a reputation among even the other purebloods, and you had always been the perfect princess, never one to stray too far from the rules. You had never believed in love or happiness, long having resigned to marrying for the sake of carrying on the bloodline. But you couldn't help but notice him, and there was little chance of him missing you. It was a mistake that would cost you everything.

The time you spent together was something you would never forget, even if you had of wanted to. The late night visits, the moments when his hand brushed against yours, the sneaking out of the grounds together, trying not to get caught. You felt like you were soaring above the clouds, but it doesn't take long until you wake up on the cold hard floor of reality and this was no exception.

You fell in love with him, and you knew you shouldn't have. But you couldn't help yourself. He made you laugh, made you smile, gave you a freedom you hadn't ever experienced in your life. He made you forget everything bad that had happened, gave you the hope that maybe love did exist. You had spent so long avoiding it, that what would happen next would hurt far more than if you had loved before. You gave him everything and you lost it all in return.

It was then you learned that hearts do not break, but rather tear until they were nothing more than a mess of scars and stitching. You missed the look in his own eyes the day he kissed you goodbye for the final time, leaving you standing there wondering what had gone wrong and what you had done wrong. Yet despite the heartache, the pain he had caused, you still loved him and that was the worst part of all. So you hardened your heart, and you let yourself stray down the path you had always avoided.

It didn't take long before you become the infamous Black Widow, the heartbreaker of men, ice cold and uncaring of who got hurt. Your reputation proceeded you and you certainly didn't mind fuelling the fires with rumours of your own. You tried to forget him, but they say you never forget the first person you love, and you never did. You were just a fool who had fallen in love, and you knew to never let it happen again.

The Black Widow ⋆ The Black Widow ⋆ The Black Widow