𝐬𝐞𝐩𝐭

in which green gets jealous

ˑ༄ؘ

RED. ALL HARRY COULD SEE WAS RED, as he watched a familiar Durmstrang boy blatantly flirt, with a slightly oblivious Diana.

He felt the familiar monster roar within his chest, as he watched the pair converse from across 'The Great Hall'. His death grip on his fork only tightening, as he watched the boy laugh at something Diana said. Placing his hand on hers. Harry's breath hitched in his throat, as he watched Diana's eyes glance down at her and the boy's touching hands, hoping praying she would remove it. She didn't.

Harry wanted nothing more then to rip the boy away from Diana, for what had some bloke from Durmstrang done to deserve her? Surely he only wanted her for her ethereal
looks, and golden curls that currently sat in golden cascades down her shoulders, only enhancing her angelic features. Harry was certain the boy wasn't flirting with Diana for her personality, as charming as it was. There was no way the Bulgarian was as entranced by the way Diana's nose would twitch, and lips would purse when when focusing, or the way her entire being lit up when someone mentioned quidditch, as he was by her looks.

For this boy barely knew Diana, so who was he to put his hands on her? This isn't to say that Harry knew everything about the girl, for they had only just met, but there was something beyond his developing crush that made him feel protective over the girl, and as though they had met ages ago! For he felt as though blue had met green long before Halloween of 1994.

Harry tore his eyes away from the pair, clenching his jaw as he tried to, focus on Hermione who was trying to come up with strategies for the first task.

He watched from the corner of his eye as the pair laughed, the boy casually throwing his arm over Diana's shoulder.

Skye, who was sitting at the Gryffindor table with George let out a wolf whistle, for she too was watching Diana and the Bulgarian boy. "Look at Diana, catching a Durmstrang blokes eye! I'm so proud! My baby's all grown up!" Skye said laughing.

"You alright Harry? You look a little pale." George spoke up, casually throwing his arm around Skye.

"I'm fine, but I'm gonna go." Harry slung his school bag over his shoulder, trudging out of the 'Great Hall'. Having no desire to watch the Durmstrang boy run his hands all over Diana.

Harry wasn't sure why he cared so much for the girl, and he knew he was acting rashly by leaving mid meal. But he couldn't bear to watch as Diana laughed and flirted with someone who wasn't him. Jealousy sucked.

•••

Diana let out a laugh at a joke Ben, a student from Durmstrang told her. She had caught Ben staring at her from time time, and when he slid into the empty seat next to her asking if he could sit there at the start of lunch, she happily obliged. The boy was fit, there was no denying that, but when her eyes met his she didn't feel anything. No butterflies, no tingle, no spark. Nothing. His eyes were green sure, but they weren't like Harry's.
Harry. Diana found the be-speckled boy often plagued her thoughts, and she was subconsciously comparing every little thing about Ben to Harry. And she quickly noticed that though the boys had similar features, there was something about Harry that made her feel different whenever she was around him. Something that made her being feel more alive, that caused butterflies to flutter within her stomach, and her fingers to tingle whenever they made eye or even physical contact. With Ben she just felt numb. The boy put his hand on top of hers, and she waited to feel something anything! Though to her dismay she felt nothing more than his hand on hers, nothing other than skin on skin contact. Even then Diana found herself comparing his hand to Harry's. Where Ben's hands were cold and covered with rings, Harry's were warm and seemed to perfectly fit with hers. Not entirely sure what to do in this situation, or how to remove his hand without making the situation awkward, Diana merely gave the boy a shy smile and pushed a stray curl behind her ear.