-prologue-

-A/N

lol hey discord server members i hope you guys enjoy this :) short chapter to start

~~~~~

A knock on my window. Then another. I waited for the third. It came.

Right on time.

I hopped off my chair and grabbed a sweatshirt, not liking the idea of opening my window in the dead of winter with just a t-shirt on. To be honest, I'm an idiot. Staying up until after midnight every day just to open my window and let in some kid I met 3 months ago. But it is not my fault that I'm an idiot. He's more of one anyway. I parted the curtains and there he was. A small smile plastered on my lips as I opened the window. The rush of freezing air was terrible.

"Hi, idiot."

"It's Ash, for the last time. Let me in, it's fucking cold."

"Not until you admit you suck."

"I hate you."

"Love you too. Get in."

Grabbing his hands, I pulled him over the ledge and onto my window seat.

"Never gets old. Sweatshirt?"

"Again? Do you not own any?"

"Yours are nicer."

"Fine."

I finally let go of his hands and walked over to my closet. My favorite sweatshirt from freshman year hadn't been worn in ages, so I decided to just give him that one. The smiley face decal faded, but it was so comfortable it was hard to care. Ash was looking away. I threw it at him.

"Geo! What the hell!"

"Pay attention. That sweatshirt is super comfortable, you're welcome."

"I was gonna say thank you."

"No you weren't. How was school?"

"What do you expect? Terrible."

I raised my eyebrow at him. He sounded guilty. I know a I'm-not-telling-you-something tone when I hear it. I have 4 younger siblings.

"Okay, I might have gotten detention for making a weed joke."

"Ash-"

"It was funny."

"I'm sure it was, but c'mon, you were on a 4 week streak for not getting detention."

"I know! I was just bored."

He pouted. I laughed, and my heart ached with fondness. As troublesome as Ash is, he's one funny motherfucker. At least to me, the teachers not so much.

"Geo?"

"Mhm?"

"Can I stay the night? My mom caught me sneaking out and I told her I was staying over..."

"Oh, fine. I have a king sized bed and I'm 5 foot 4, I need more dead weight anyway."

"Hah, shorty."

"I'll make you sleep outside."

"Touché," I caved. Ash gave me a smile and immediately jumped up from the window seat. My eyebrow arched slightly as he kicked his shoes off and tucked himself into bed.

"If you blanket hog I'll fucking kill you."

"Not if I do it first," he said, smiling. I rolled my eyes, but decided I was too tired to bicker any longer. I grabbed pajama pants and a sweatshirt from my top most drawer. Giving Ash a salute, I walked out and into the bathroom. I wasted no time, hastily throwing on my pants. My sweatshirt was a simple white base, but it had the words "Property of Ash" etched into the inside of the sleeve. I smiled down at it; it had a way of cheering me up every time I wore it. I slipped out of the bathroom quickly and ran downstairs to grab snacks. Ash lived off of monster and gummy worms, so it was my responsibility every night to feed him something somewhat real. I grabbed an orange (his absolute favorite), Gatorade, and a granola bar. He lived for the Chewy brand bars.

I finally climbed the stairs and entered my room.

"Hey Ash, I've got your food."

"Took you long enough."

"Shut up and eat or we will watch Disney movies instead of YouTube."

He looked at me sadly, pouting. As always, I gave in, giving him his food. His puppy-eye abilities were too strong.

"Thank you!"

"It's fine, Ash. What are we watching?"

"Hmm, how about the newest manhunt. I heard it's good."

"Sounds wonderful," he yawned, opening his granola bar. For a smaller kid, he ate ridiculously fast. I wasn't particularly surprised though; he forgets to eat quite often. I'm happy I can be around when I can.

"Hey Geo?"

"Yes?"

"Get under the blankets, when you sit on them I can't move at all."

"Shit, sorry."

"It's nothing."

I was kind of nervous. What if I kicked him a lot? Or reached out to him during the night? I didn't want to scare him away...

"I don't bite, idiot. I'm damn cold and I want a hug, c'mere," Ash said suddenly, reaching towards me. Well, I suppose that was one concern dealt with. I rolled my eyes, and he scoffed. Yawning, I moved towards him and threw an arm around his back. He snuggled towards me, resting his head on my shoulder. I smiled lightly, grabbing the remote and going to YouTube.

"Which one do you want? The newest one?"

"Yes please. Geo?"

"You don't need to say my name before asking a question, dumbass."

"Hey, I'm anxious."

"I know. What's up, Ash?"

"I think I should just warn you about my nightmares. I know I talk about them a lot, but you've never been there for them...They are bad, y'know."

"My sister gets them bad, I'm right here, m'kay?"

"M'Kay. Start the video you idiot."

"Hmmm, I think you mean cutie."

"No, I really don't."

"Whatever you say, dream boy."

"Dream boy?"

"My favorite song. Now listen to the video," I chuckled. I liked Ash's very comforting presence. I wanted to have sleepovers every night. Winter break was coming up..

The faint voice of Dream and his buddies began on the screen. I sighed and peaked down at Ash. He sat, enamored at the screen. He almost glowed. I liked this. I could get used to this.