What happen ...

The place he had ragingly stepped in earlier tonight, just as he stormed out of his office, was not as he expected from the outside.

The front building, with his dark colour and damaged old sign, stating The Blue Moon in half erased cursives had led him to believe that he would enter in a dilapidated place. Somewhere it wouldn't matter if he acted out of character, rudely or caused some fight.

But instead, he had entered in a parallel dimension. Or at least, that's how it looked to him as he put his first foot in the clean, almost fancy, bar. Nothing was rowdy here, it was calm, accompanied by soft music, almost soothing to the mind.

They had indeed a very dark atmosphere, but it was rather caused by the fact that the furniture and some of the walls were in intricate shades of black. Cut by some white and royal blues highlight. Like the white  grand piano that was brightly lit up on a lonely platform at the far back on his right. The varnished surface was immaculate and reverberated some of the blue neons that were positioned over it toward the black lined covered wall in the background.

Too stunned to remember his previous state of mind, he calmly observed his surroundings. People were pleasantly having a drink and talking in groups, with a partner or on their own.

It didn't feel like being alone would be such a problem here.

A muffled cling from glasses presented on the mahogany bar, shook him up from his frozen position at the entrance and he confidently walked toward it. Although The Blue Moon bar wasn't what he had first expected, it would do all the same.

Well maybe not for finding trouble, but nonetheless, he would be able to vent his frustration and calm down from his awful day.

vVvVv

He had been here for more than half an hour, not minding anyone or anything as he let his unfocused gaze wander from his new spot, when he saw another surprising addition coming in.

Not that he wanted to care for anyone right now, but the seemingly younger guy who entered in the bar was obviously out of his comfort zone and it grabbed his attention for a while.

In one word, the guy was plain. It might sound a bit judgemental, but if one was just going to summarise the young man who hesitantly approached the blue lightened bar to sit on the edge of his stool, this word suited him the most. Plain clothes, although that was obviously branded dress shoes and suit. And the white shirt under it wasn't giving off any king of taste for style either. From his point of view.

Same for the man's build. He was of an average height with eyes of the standardised brown that most people in their country were bearing. He still gave a bonus point to the guy for his unruly curly hair and his soft oval face that was giving off a friendly aura.

For a while, he felt himself being curious about the newcomer but soon lost his interest over his own glass of dark amber. He needed a refill.

Tiredly, he rubbed his face in his mind. He was fed up with all the things he had had to deal with all day. People were unable to do anything or even bring results, eventually relying on him to shoulder it all. And they weren't even aware enough of it to give any recognition of his hard work. No, it was normal, it was his duty they said. That was expected of him or rather, it was like his moral obligation as the person he was.

And that was more than he could bear with tonight.

More so, when he was also considered to be the one who must take blames for things he wasn't responsible for. Just for the sake of his name and future possible position.