★24★

★ ☆ ★

The academic year had passed by very quickly and it was now summer break.

You were still debating on whether or not you wanted to stay at Bayside or return to your old school.

So for now you just wanted to forget about school and enjoy your summer with family and friends.

You're currently on your way to a barbecue with your friends cramped up in the backseat of your uncle's car.

You and Lisa had to beg and beg your uncle to let you borrow the car. He eventually agreed, but he said Lisa couldn't go anywhere near the driver's side since she can't drive (like at all, she failed her driver's test twice!).

At first you were just gonna invite Slater but then the rest of the gang said they wanted to come as well and you couldn't say no.

"So, where's the barbecue gonna be held?", Kelly asked.

"It's gonna be held at a waterpark. My older cousin is hosting, so we'll have the whole park to ourselves", you said, pulling onto the highway.

"So Slater. .you nervous?", Zack asked, reaching his head between the two of you.

"Psh- no way", Slater said.

"He's definitely nervous", Lisa, Kelly, and Jessie said at the same time.

"So what if I am? I'm meeting Kandi's family for God's sake", he said.

You and Slater have been dating for a few months now and you didn't want him to meet your family yet. But for whatever reason he insisted that he came to the barbecue with you. Despite him being nervous he really wanted to meet them.

"You have nothing to be nervous about, they'll love you", you said, quickly glancing at him.

"I sure hope you're right", he said, looking out the window.

"Damn, what took y'all so long to get here?", your brother asked as soon as you got out the car.

"What happened to hey sis, how are you?", you asked.

"My bad, hey y'all", Kiran said. "Now, what took you so long", he asked again, low key ignoring your question.

"This fool had to pee twice on the way here and then we got stuck in traffic", you said, pointing over to Zack. "It was only supposed to be a thirty minute drive and ended up being an hour and a half", you said.