you said forever

"Hey Diana, it's easy"

"No, Jess, it is not"

Jess was helping you learn how to drive for the last couple of months but you still had a serious problem starting the car.

You and Jess changed seats so he could do it and with two easy moves, he did. You starred at him shocked. "Okay, you make me look stupid", you pouted.

He laughed and leaned in to kiss you on the forehead, "You are not stupid babe, you just need some practice". He kissed you in the lips this time and smiled.

"Once you have the wheel now and we are safe",you say squeezing his shoulder,"how about we get some coffee?"

"Anything for you my lady",Jess takes your hand and kisses it before he starts driving to Luke's.

The bell on the door chimmed as you entered Luke's.

"Hey D, congrats on your license kid.", a very proud Luke approaches you and gives you a pretty awkward hug,"I'm sorry, I'm not good at that. But hey, you can have anything you want today. Anything. It's all on the house."

"Thank you Luke",you hug him again before you make your way to the counter. You looked down in your hands as you played with your car keys.

Luke noticed something was off with you and decided to ask."Everything's good Diana?"

His voice startled you as you were so concentrated on your hands,"Yeah, yeah, everything's perfect.",he nodded coming to decision not to push you on this any more but you continued,"It's just that",you sighed,"forget it Luke,it's nothing", you did your very best to offer him a brave smile.

But Luke loved you dearly. He knew you since you were 2. To him you are like his very own daughter. So he wanted to make sure that everything was fine. "Come on", he said and headed upstairs and you followed him.

"Hey Jess, Luke ne- oh sorry. Hi, I'm Diana.", you faced Jess kissing a girl.

"I'm Laura, hello", a tall, blonde and gorgeous girl was smiling at you.

You and Jess broke up because he wanted you to go with him to New York, something you clearly couldn't do. You preferred to focus on your studies than running away with your boyfriend. However he came back 5 months later. You never found out the reason. Ever since he was always so abrupt with you.

"So?", Jess breaks the silence sounding annoyed.

You cleared your throat before answering, trying to act brave "Luke needs you downstairs."

"I'm busy", he retorts pointing at the blonde.

You rolled you eyes, "Jess please. Think of Luke." You start to leave but stop."I'm sorry for interrupting."

"Well?"

"Jess"

Luke sighed at your answer. You observed every move he made. He sat down and massaged temples."Not again. I promise you I will find him and I will beat his ass up."

"Luke no" ,you chuckled at the man's protectiveness."The thing is, he helped me learn how to drive. He was always so supportive of me. He kept telling me how he could be the laboratory animal and sacrifice himself being my first victim", you bitter laughed a little remembering exactly the day this happened.

"Diana, I promise you. I trust you with my life and I can be your first client. Just please let me live and I will say good words about you afterwards."

"You know, I think I will hurt you on purpose", you said looking at the stars, as you and Jess were lying on the park and you had rested your head on your boyfriend's chest.

Jess caressed your cheek and put a clump of hair behind your ear,"I love you. And I really do trust you"

You looked at him and pressed a soft kiss on his lips,"I love you. More than anything."

You returned back home. Luke tried to comfort you but couldn't. Because you still loved Jess. And you couldn't forget about him. Even 1 year after your breakup.

"Babe"

Jess looked up at you as he was wiping the tables."Yes?"

"Do you love me?", Jess looked confused at your question.

"Of course I do D. You think I don't?", he was now holding you with both his hands by your waist and placing soft kisses all over your face.

"It's not that. It's.. Will you love me, forever?", Jess stopped kissing you. He looked down and then back up in your eyes.

"I will love you forever"

Looks like he lied, or he didn't.