Chapter 1

~Naruto's pov~

It was dark... The thick metallic scent filled the air as I lay on the ground in a random alleyway. It took me a while to sit up as my back had to be supported by the wall. I looked down at my bloody hands that lay on my bloody lap. In fact, my entire body was covered in that thick red liquid. It clung to my clothes like glue.

Of course, this was my own blood.

It had never been like this. I was a semi-normal orphan who never had friends and was always ignored.

It had never been like this. I was just a child.

It had never been like this!

The exhaustion weighed me down. My eyes felt droopy and it was hard to keep them open.

I closed my eyes, trying to gain some energy. It was impossible to sleep with the glass digging in my bare feet, so just resting my eyes would do. The pounding in my head became faint as I went in and out of consciousness.

It wasn't always like this. In fact, it was never like this! I was just a child, running around my village without a care in the world, as does any child.

I'm only 9..

I never had parents, but that's fine!

I never had siblings, but that's fine!

I never had family, but it's okay, right?

As long as I have myself, I'm fine...

Right?

Why did they hurt me? Why?

I did nothing to them....

I know I can be annoying at times, but so did the other kids!

I know I get some answers wrong on a test, but so did the other kids!

I'm only 9...

Although, something odd happened when they hurt me.

Everything became a bit slower. I was confused, did my reaction time slow down?

I began to see after images of their moves before it even happened, which was weird because how are you able to see their move before they do it? Which made me wonder why I was seeing this.

Maybe I had lost too much blood?

I searched through my body just like my sensei from Ninja Academy instructed when the people stopped hurting me and left, just to see if one of the villagers did something. I found a bit of my chakra being pulled to my eyes so I tried to pull back the chakra, hoping this wouldn't make me lose my eye sight.

I pulled and pulled until only a small trickle leaked into my eyes, causing the slow motion and after images to fade.

The mental and physical stress got to me and my body tensed before relaxing completely. It was like sleep paralysis, I was awake but I couldn't move my body as my mind was swimming in thoughts. My body was already weak enough as I didn't have the money to buy all the food I needed, but now my body was completely useless until I got some energy back.

Rain started to slowly drip down from the dark gray clouds. The rain washed the still flowing blood and grime off my body, leaving me cold. The rain became harder until it drowned out my thoughts.

It was nice.

After sitting for a couple minutes to gain more energy, I tried to stand, but my knees buckled beneath me and I fell. I winced in pain as I lean against the wall again.

My eyes were red and puffy. My whiskered cheeks had tears and rain running down my chin, my blonde hair matted in some places.

I didn't want to die...