Prologue

"It is easier to fix a broken vase than a heart that has been shattered into pieces," Sophia thought as she studied the sapphire blue vase that has golden lines all over it.

The unique design of the pottery caught her attention as soon as she entered the museum. At first glance, the gold lines can be perceived as its design but if you look at it closely, you will realize that it was actually a patched-up broken vase.

She smiled to herself. The thought of a vase surviving destruction gave a little hope to her aching heart. Maybe someday she can also recover from the heartbreak she experienced tonight. Maybe, she can also pick up the broken pieces of her heart back together again. Will it happen soon though?

"Stunning, isn't it?"

She was too focused on the masterpiece in front of her that she almost jumped upon hearing a man's voice. She turned around to face the intruder. She was ready to reprimand the said person for surprising her but immediately calmed herself down when she remembered where she was.

"Oh! Sorry. Did I startle you?" the stranger asked, looking at her intently.

The man looked formal in a gray polo shirt. Sophia reckoned he's also a guest in the art exhibition. She regained her poise and smiled at him.

"Yeah. It's pretty interesting," she said calmly and turned her attention back to the art piece.

"I'm surprised to see someone approach this 'Kintsugi' piece. It seems like it's not so famous out here."

"'Kintsugi?' Haven't heard of that before."

"It's the Japanese art of putting broken pieces back together. The idea is that we should embrace its flaws and imperfections. No matter how broken it is, it can still shine as a beautiful piece of art."

It could still shine even though it's broken?

Can I also shine while being broken inside?