II

Kiyomi's POV

    It's been years since I was transmigrated into this body. I am now 12 years old (currently 14 in my past life). I have calculated everything and planned my plans. I feel very guilty I couldn't save the hashiras' families. But atleast I have a chance to save the hashiras from dying. The reasons that I couldn't save the hashiras' families is that one: I'm still a kid who isn't even allowed to go out, and two:...

This body is too weak.

I'm always bedridden, I always feel sick and dizzy, and I can't even walk properly! So this is what Kiyomi meant about her figure.

Now, my goal is to be a demon slayer. Luckily, Kiyomi's parents already knew demons existed, because... Kiyomi's- or -MY father is the former Winter pillar! He told me stories of his youthful times!

I was even surprised to hear that! Although, I don't think there was a winter hashira mentioned in the original. And now, I'll have a chance of becoming a slayer!.. Or so I thought.

"Father.", I started.

"Yes, sweetie?", He replied as he took a sip of his tea.

"Umm.. can I be a demon slayer like you?", I asked.

He choked on the tea.

"F-father!?", I panicked.

"I'm sorry, sweetie. You know you can't, right? Your body is too weak.", he refused.

"But I will train! I know I don't have the strength to slice a demon's neck but- but I can stab them and use poison!", I blurted out the wrong words as my defense.

It was the moment I knew, I f*cked up...

"..How do you know that?", Father asked the words I can't answer...

"U-ummm... You told me that you were the former winter pillar, right?", I tried to find an excuse.

"Yes. But I never told you that?", He raised an eyebrow.

"Y-yes you did! Did you forget? Hahaha..", I laughed it off. He actually didn't tell me anything about that.

"I did? Haha, maybe I'm getting old.", He said.

Phew.. Safe.

"So.. can I start today?", I asked. I feel super relieved right now.

"Sure. Start with walking without falling first.", Father teased.

Haha. Funny.

The sliding doors suddenly slid open and hit against the door frame rather loudly.

"What did I just hear?? You won't become a slayer! What if something happens to you?!", Mother exclaimed angrily.

"But mother, I can't just stay bedridden all my life... Pleaassee?", Hehe, I'm glad Kiyomi had a pretty face. I gave her my puppy eyes.

"No!... Uggh... Haaah...", She sighed in defeat. A sign that I have succeeded.

Heh, works everytime.

1 week later...

3rd Person's POV

Kiyomi could finally walk without stumbling. But she kept coughing out blood whenever she tried to run or got too exhausted.

"When will I enter the final selection, father?", she asked.

"Haha, you can't even hold a wooden sword properly yet.", Her father chuckled.

"How about practicing now?!"

"You need to strengthen your lungs first and run. Then you can practice with a wooden sword."

She pouted, "Aww... Alright."

During the two months of training...

Week one:
Kiyomi finally made her lungs a little bit stronger than before.

Week two:
She can finally run. Although she would cough blood sometimes.

Week three:
She can jump high and land slowly and safely; like snow falling on the ground. Taught by her father.

Week four:
She could finally practice with a wooden sword.

Week five:
She mastered her breathing and got a real sword.

Week six:
Her father taught her all the winter breathing forms that doesn't need slicing, just stabbing, for her own good. (Probably 5 out of 10 breaths)

Week seven:
She took a long break and spent time with her parents.

Week eight:
It was finally time for Kiyomi to join the final selection.

'Wow.. I can't believe I made a lot of progress in just two months.. Character buff and plot armor is real.', Kiyomi thought as she shivered at all the hellish training she went through.

But, even after all of that training, she was still weak and fragile. Even though her lungs became strong, she still coughed out blood or sometimes fell down, but she kept it a secret from her parents and pretended to be fine.
.

.

.
Kiyomi wore a sky blue kimono with a dark blue obi. Her hair was tied into a ponytail, and she wore white, knee-length boots.

"Be safe, my dear daughter.", Kiyomi's mother weeped, sad of seeing her baby grow up and be healthy again.

"Alright, mother. I'll see you both in one week! I will return. Promise!", Kiyomi hugged her parents and waved goodbye.

At the final selection...

The place was filled with westeria flowers and Kiyomi was amazed and got giddily happy because she was in here. She was happy to have finally made progress.

She saw the gathering, so she joined.

"Greetings everyone. Thank you all for joining the final selection tonight. There are a lot of demons held captive in this mountain brought back by demon killing swordsmen. They are unable to leave. Because from the mountain foot to half way up, there are a lot of demon repelling westeria that bloom all year round.
However, from here on out, there are no more westeria. Only demons. If you can survive here for seven days, then you pass the final selection.
Now let the final selection begin.", The twin girls explained together.

The people then left, all splitting up. Kiyomi decided to go to Tanjiro's direction.

'I can't believe it! I can finally see Tanjiro for real!', Kiyomi thought as flowers were floating above her head.

Kiyomi was surprised to face a demon for real, but a while later, she somehow got used to it.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
See you at the next chapter!