One Shot

"I've always loved you, you know that right?" Her soft eyes dawned on to his handsome face, sitting on the patio her lap felt pressure as his head lay on her. His long black hair shining healthily with the help of the rising sun.

He looked up, meeting her eyes.

"My duchess, you have always hated me." He smirked, leaning his face closer to her hands that were caressing his soft white cheeks.

"I didn't!" For a sudden moment her ladylike appearance shattered as she raised the corner of her lips at the duke and gently slapping his cheek. The duke, Sehun just gave out a small chuckle and shook his head.

What a gentle woman.

"I loved you first." Sejeong mumbled under her breath, rolling her eyes secretly. "How many times do I have to say that?" She continued.

This woman had never changed after 33 years she's still the same beautiful soul that he came to love.

The spring breeze brought along a fresh dewy scent, the flowers bloomed as the grass got greener, the entire dukedom in their view, people have started to set up their shops, doing about their business.

"Remember when we first met?" Sehun asked, peeling his eyes away from the dukedom and looking back at Sejeong, his duchess.

"Hm, why of course. You tried to steal perfume satchel."

"I was gonna buy it from you." Sehun defended.

"Steal." She insisted.

Sehun sighed and a small smile rose from his red lips.

"My Lord, lady Minyoung Venese's birthday is coming. What do you need me to prepare." Sehun lifted his head and asked his knight Kai.

"We just need to buy a present isn't that right?"

Kai nodded.

"Just buy some jewelries for her." Sehun requested but he raised his eyebrows when Kai didn't respond to his command. Kai looked hesitant, he kept looking at his side contemplating if he'll tell his Lord what the duke's sister requested.

"What is it." He directly asked.

"Your sister, Lady wants you to give her a specific present." What his knight told him made his forehead crease.

"Is there any problem, just get her the item." Sehun waved his hand trying to dismiss his subject. He has more duties to attend to, he doesn't have the luxury to personally buy what his sister is requesting.

"There's a problem."

"Problem?"

"The item the lady asked for is something I do not have a way of acquiring." Kai bowed his head, apologizing for his incompetence.

He has enough money on his name to buy two kingdoms so he was curious why his knight can't event get a measly present for his sister.

Sehun sighed and nodded with his eyes closed, massaging his temples he asked what his sister wanted.

"She wants the perfume satchel of the Marquess's daughter. It came to my knowledge that Lady Sejeong made her own scent so no one in the entire dukedom sells what Lady Minyoung wants."

Bothersome.
——

"So this is the Marquess's prized daughter." Sehun said under his breath. He felt the weird flutter inside his chest, an unfamiliar feeling just awoken inside of him.