Way to the south

My name is Hannah,and my best friend's name is Ellen. Ellen was about 8 months pregnant and her husband doesn't travel. She wanted to go visit her mom in Honey Path, South Carolina. So we planned on going for a few weeks, maybe even a month. She paid for my trip and food since I was keeping her company on her trip to see her mom. I felt very grateful and she made me feel like I was part of the family. My traveling with Ellen, made me wanna become someone better. People were so kind and caring up south, it made me realize that not everywhere is toxic. I had so much fun with Ellen going there, back, and while there. I wasn't a huge fan of traveling, but going with people you care about, going to new places was a blast and I'd love to do it more often. When I was leaving the small town, I was very nervous. I didn't really know how to feel about it, but once we started seeing all the new places it was breathtaking. All the bridges we went over, the tunnels, and the mountains they were so stunning. There was just a lot of good memories on the way there and back. When we came home I was honestly sad, I missed traveling with her. I think coming home was harder than leaving, I felt like I belonged in South Carolina. The fresh air, the tall skinny trees, the close howls of wolves, waking up to see bears and deer down by the lake. Everyday seeing something new, and meeting new people. The kindness and care everyone had for each other. Even the bars were a completely different vibe. If I went back to the south I think I'd like to spend more time around Georgia and Tennessee. In Georgia I would go mud bogging, visit the different cities, see where Ellen's family grew up, spend time with the local people, and learn more about the way things are around there. Tennessee i'd love to go visit, and spend time in because they have so many places that country stars use to spend their time at, I would love to meet locals, and just see all the cool places.