Prologue

Enjoy!

=============================================================================There once was a woman more beautiful than most. Many suiters of different genders constantly came to ask for her hand, but she always rejected them. She was patient and kind with them, always apologizing after turning them down.

Although most left with heartbreak, all were understanding of her wishes. Thr woman continued to live a peaceful life, adored by all, yet strangely she did not appear to age.

Generations would grow and pass, yet she did not grow older. Because of this, many were jealous, but few did not know the sadness that consumed her whenever a generation died.

Though saddened, she would always be found smiling, which attracted another round of suiters. Each day she was presented with gifts and compliments that compared her to gods and goddesses. She was praised and loved by many, both because of her kindness and beauty.

One day, a suitor of hers would not take no for an answer. Unfortunately, he threatened her one night, and took advantage of her. Eventually, she bore his son, one that did not age, like her.

The man, along with his genertion, died and the woman was left with her young son. She smiled no less, nor did her young radiance leave her. She showed much love to her son, constantly bringing him along where ever she went.

Many people questioned who had been the father of her son, but she never let anybody in on it. Although curious, the people always decided not to question her any further, as the woman would grow uncomfortable and begin to lose her patience.

After a while, her son began growing, and she began aging, although not as steadily as humans. She still had the glow of youth and health, yet her features became that of a middle-aged woman. Her beauty did not diminish, though, nor did her suitors.

Many offered to take the partnership of taking care of her son, but as before, she refused patiently and kindly. 

For a while, the two lived together peacefully. They thrived in their land together, always with smiles on their faces. Eventually, rumours began to form that the woman had another son. This romour though, was simply not true. She had found a young boy that had been about her son's age, and tended to him, almost like a second son, Eventually, her tending would just be in visits, and any rumour was quickly drowned. 

One day, though, an old suitor of hers had had enough. He had come up with a plan, one that he had thought up as clever. For he had gotten information as to why the woman maintained her youth from one of her maids. She lived as long as her homeland thrived. He used this information to do an unthinkable thing.

He started the fall of Ancient Greece.

Chaos erupted in cities throughout the land, as a few other jealous suitors joined in to the plan. Meanwhile, the woman had felt an immense pain, starting at her chest and spreading throughout her body. Her son had felt a few of these affects as well, but not at all as badly as she.

Eventually, the suitor had made his way to her home. She pleaded for him to spare her son, he could do anything to her as long as he would spare the young boy, for he appeared to be the age of a young child.

He would not show mercy, though, as he was blinding with rage, and pierced the woman's chest with a spear. Next was the boy. Before the man could plunge another spear, the boy ran. He didn't stay for his mother, nor did he stay put when towering flames rose around him, and smoke began to fill his lungs.

Eventually he stopped. He was at the edge of the land, yet he couldn't let himself leave. No, he would not keep running. He had his friend, no, not a friend a brother to help. He hada anotehr duty, though. He would share the story of his mother, of a love and sorrow filled life. Of a life that held dozens of generations. Of a woman compared to a goddess. Of Ancient Greece.

=============================================================================

Author Note:

Hello! This is my first fanfiction, and decided to give this a shot. I might update this if people actually like this.