Exhibitionist (2)

As I ascended the elevator I couldn't stop thinking about Loki and what he'd said; "Why do you think I came here?". The way his words struck me irritated me, I wanted to paint him in this horrible light because of the things he's done in his past but...

I sauntered through the elevator and absentmindedly headed to my room, chewing on my thumbnail the whole way up. I lied on my bed to calm my racing thoughts. Was I making the right assumptions? I know how Tony feels about him and yet he is giving him a month to prove himself... But god he's just an enigma to me.

The look of shame I searched for in his eyes lost on me as he turned from me, what was it that he was trying to hide? Isn't he trying to make a good impression?.. I threw an arm over my eyes as I imagined the man, the cell, the way his long hair swept across his shining eyes, his sharp intimidating features... his clear skin that looked chilled to the touch.

I licked my lips thoughtfully as I pressed my lips together, it's as if my mind just started to process this man's breathtaking presence. His high stature and intelligent way of speaking... God this man was my type... Fuck.

Time Skip...

At some point I'd fallen asleep atop my covers fully clothed, a quick power nap I guess... Well, less the quick part since Tony had sent Wanda to come to wake me up, which had been 3 hours of me being absent. "(Y/n) are you feeling alright?" Wanda queried as she sat on my bed while I sat at my vanity adjusting my appearance "Yea I'm fine, why do you ask?" I replied as I scoped her out in the mirror, she stood and approached me "Oh I don't know, you've just been kinda irritable?" She pouted her lips as she wrapped her hands around my forehead, checking my temperature.

"Do you think it's that time of the month?" I chuckled as I pushed her hands away gently "Come on, Wanda you gotta stop fretting so much, I'm fine!" I reassured her as I stood from my vanity, she rolled her eyes at me "You've been dating all these guys too though... I know it's none of my business but seeing how that guy reacted earlier today.. I'm beginning to worry about your taste in men," She said with a small, nervous chuckle.

"Hey, that was one guy. And it's not like I ever wanna see him again! He's just some weirdo from another dating site, you'll run into those guys," she rolled her eyes at me "Yea well I just want you to be safe, I know your taste in guys and if you keep trying to chase after these bad boys then you might settle on the worst boy for god's sake!" I gave her a skeptical look as I opened my bedroom door for us to exit "Now you're just being dramatic,"

Time Skip...

Once dinner was done everyone seemed to disappear quickly, which made sense. The entire team had been on a long mission, Tony and Pepper had even gone to bed... Guess she missed him.

I yawned as I walked towards the stairs, my hand grabbing onto the bannister to ascend the steps-but I paused as my eyes glanced towards the elevator.. I pondered for a few seconds, questioning if making this decision was a good plan or not... I pressed my lips together as I shook my head and forced my way up the steps.. 5 to be exact, before I turned on my heel to descend them once more, purposefully heading to the elevator.

I chewed on my lips as I fiddled with my fingers, was this logical? I barely knew this guy for god's sake.. well I guess that makes sense, right? I wouldn't want the new guy to think of me poorly... right?

I stepped as gently as I could as to not alarm him in case he was actually asleep, wherein that case I would make my way back upstairs and forget I even had this idea in the first place.

I held my breath as I peeked through the glass at the man lying on his bed, I let out a slow puff of air as I registered the fact that he was in fact asleep, so I turned around and tiptoed slowly down the hall... "You're quiet, but you're no mouse, love.."