Prologue

The Guild was as lively as ever. Furniture being thrown around or destroyed, laughter can be heard from every corner, Mirajane Strauss was singing on the stage with Gajeel who was playing the guitar(his voice may be terrible but they had to admit Gajeel's guitar skills were a legend)

Usually at this point Natsu and Gray would be brawling, but the fire dragon slayer was nowhere to be seen. For weeks the slayer kept coming and going, disappearing without anyone's knowledge. Even his best friend Happy claims to have no idea where he goes to.

But they weren't worried. Natsu was Natsu, and though his sudden disappearances were concerning they didn't really think much of it because he still acted the same as he always does. It was only yesterday that Natsu tracked down Gray and challenged him to a brawl.

Still, one Lucy Heartfillia couldn't help but worry. She's known Natsu for years and she was confident she knew him better than anyone else, better than Gray, Erza, Lisanna and the rest,though they've been with Natsu the longest. "Where do you think he heads to Happy? And what does he do there.." Lucy said, sipping her juice.

"I don't know Lucy, but I'm not worried" was Happy's carefree response. Lucy stared at the blue cat in disbelief. "Why not?"

Happy finished his fish before answering. "You may think you know Natsu better than anyone despite us knowing him longer than you, and maybe you're right. He opens up to you more and he tells you everything. But you forget about me, I grew up with Natsu and I was always by his side. I know when he's in trouble, I know when he's hiding something big"

"And?"Lucy pressed on. Happy took a bite of his second fish. "Natsu's been happier lately, it's the happiest I've ever seen him. Yesterday I heard him say something in his sleep, couldn't make out what it was but I think he said something like 'Nii-san'. And he was smiling in his sleep"

Lucy frowned, before gasping. "Happy, you don't think....you're not saying-"

The beautiful blonde was interrupted by the door getting blown off it's hinges, and there stands Natsu with a big grin. "Surprise!" He yells pulling someone who was hiding behind him.

Gasps were heard, everyone stopped what they were doing. Some had even dropped something on the ground in shock.

"No way" Lucy hears Gray said in shock.

"It can't be, I thought...he's supposed to be dead!" Erza exclaimed.

Natsu was either oblivious to the shocked looks of his guildmates, or he didn't care. Zeref meanwhile was feeling a bit self conscious and wary. "Natsu-" he tried getting his brother's attention only to be dragged forward with the pink haired Dragneel.

The dragon slayer ran towards Makarov who was in his wheelchair, but was stopped by Laxus. "I'm not letting you get any closer with him with you" Laxus growled glaring at the dark haired Dragneel.

"Gramps, everyone!" Natsu yelled at the top of his lungs, jumping on a table.

"This guy right here! Zeref Dragneel, my big brother!" He pointed at the dark haired Dragneel who was becoming more and more fearful by the minute(can't really blame him, everyone was glaring at him)

"IS GOING TO BE PART OF OUR FAMILY FROM NOW ON!" As soon as the words left his mouth, his guildmates threw a fit. Yelling at Natsu for bringing a "dangerous, ticking time bomb" in the guild and that they didn't want the dark haired Dragneel there.

Some looked scared, others had a look of fury, while a few were quiet and were only watching from the sidelines, not uttering a word for they did not know what was the right thing to do.

"Gramps!" Natsu turned to Makarov. "Make Zeref a member of Fairytail!" He demanded. "Natsu!" Erza came stomping forward, shaking with barely controlled rage. "How are you--what are you thinki-YOU!" she pointed at the quiet Dragneel.

"What did you do to him? Did you cast one of your dark spells on him to controll him? Release him now!" Erza made to attack the older Dragneel but was stopped by a literal wall of fire casted by the younger Dragneel.

"Natsu?" Erza looked at her friend in disbelief.

Lucy worriedly stood beside her best friend and placed a hand on his shoulder. "If you dare attack my brother" Natsu started, sounding very protective and a little angry.

"I'm not here to cause a fight, nor to harm anyone" Zeref spoke calmly. "As a matter of fact coming here wasn't really in my plans for today, you see....my dear little brother kept pestering me and pestering me, and when I showed no signs of giving in, he dragged me here"

"Yea that does sound like something Natsu would do" Happy giggled only to be ignored.

"You think we believe you?" Gray glared at the Older Dragneel with hate.

"Whether you believe me or not, I don't really care" Zeref shrugged. "The only thing that I deem important to me right now is spending more time with my brother" he casually wrapped an arm around the younger one.

Makarov cleared his throat. "I think it's best if we speak in private. Natsu, Zeref, come with me. Laxus, if you please?"

Throwing one last dirty look at Zeref, he pushed his grandfather's wheelchair to his office. Natsu gave his big brother a reassuring look, before following the Dreyers.

Zeref followed after his brother, not at all keen on staying another second in a room full of eyes that were looking at him with disdain.

**

"Do you wish to join Fairytail Zeref?" Makarov asked.

"Of course he does!" Natsu piped up. "I'm asking your brother Natsu" Makarov glared at the younger Dragneel in annoyance. "Sorry" Natsu sheepishly apologised.

"Yes" Zeref answered.

"Do you swear never to harm a Guild member?"

Zeref nodded. "I swear"

"You will be monitored for a while, until we feel that we can fully trust you" Makarov added. "We'll all be keeping a close eye on you"

"Understandable, I have caused a great deal of pain to all of you" Zeref smiled a small smile.

Makarov nodded. "Laxus, where's the stamp?"

Laxus pulled the stamp out of the drawer and handed it to his grandfather. "I'll do it!" Natsu said, snatching the object from Makarov's hands and taking his brother's hand.

"Where do you want it on?" He asked.

"On my shoulder" Zeref answered. "Like yours"

Grinning, the younger brother pulled up his older brother's sleeve and pressed the stamp on his shoulder. When he took off the stamp, there was a black fairytail's emblem on his brother's shoulder.

Natsu smiled a smile that was brighter than the sun. "Welcome home to Fairytail Nii-san"