Different Paths

tags: soft-angst, postdisbandment
crossposted on aff.

Synopsis:

Five years seems a bit long, right?. It's been five years since Eunbi decided to choose a different path away from the limelight and left Hyewon alone wondering why and hoping when.

"How did we end up here?"

--

'Yah An Yujin! Stop eating! That's for later!'

'Nako help Minju set the table'

'Yena stop running around!'

Chaos. A good kind of chaos is happening inside Chaeyeon's apartment. Well, it's been like this since 2018 and even after five years since they parted ways, they'll always be like this.

"Chaeyeon, calm down" said Sakura as she pats the main dancer's shoulder, "They are all having fun, so you should too"

"Sorry, it's just that we rarely meet nowadays. I want this to be perfect"

"And you're doing a great job, Chaeyeon" Sakura said giving a thumbs up

"Thank you Saku-chan, but I still wish Eunbi-unnie was here."

They share a dismay look. They haven't seen their leader in the five years that have passed.  Well, they can't blame her. Things just got in the way and they had no control over it.

Things that could've been different if, you know, they have time. Time...you cruel thing.

Everyone in the group knew what happened, well not really the exact thing they had an idea and that's it. 

That when they part ways or most right term, disband, their leader and a certain Kang...also parted ways.

"What do you think happened to them that night right after Eunbi-unnie announced she won't continue her idol life anymore?" Sakura asked.

"No one knows but we knew it was nowhere near good"

Sakura silently agreed. They may not know what the two talked about that night but Sakura knew the aftermath of it.

It's something she doesn't want to see ever again. She doesn't want to see her friend in that state ever again.

She was the one who saw how devastated Hyewon was that time, she even had to delay her flight back to Japan for two weeks just to make sure Hyewon won't do something that isn't right. Eunbi, that time, after their last concert was already out of reached. They cannot contact her anymore.

Sensing the sudden change in Sakura's mood, Chaeyeon ruffles the older's hair, "We'll be complete again soon, Saku. I promise you that. After all we are one. We're always be one"

Sakura softly smiled. Chaewon peaks at the kitchen.

"You guys seem to have a heart to heart talk. Did something happen?"

"Nothing," Chaeyeon dismisses, "Is everything settled already?"

Chaewon nodded, "We're just waiting for Kwangbae to arrive. She's gonna come right?"

"Of course, Ssamu. She promise and she won't bail on us"

Right on cue, the doorbell rings.

"I'll get it!!!" Yujin excitedly shouted.

The three went to the living room only to see Hyewon squeezed in a tight group hug with the other girls.

------