Chapter 1: The Beginning of the End

The Castle was decorated with roses and tulips, the tables set with all kinds of foods and wines. People from all around gathered for the special day. Noblemen and important people headed to France to see the Queens.

The carriage holding Antionette Topaz rode into view. The horns blew, making a loud but elegant sound. "ALL HAIL ANTOINETTE, QUEEN OF SCOTS!" A man yelled out. The carriage rode through the gates, the white horses pulling it, neighing as they ran.

Toni POV:

To say I wasn't nervous was a lie, to say I was nervous was an understatement. This was a very important and treasured milestone in any royal's life, yet I felt unprepared. Any sixteen year old girl would.

I felt frightened to be in charge, hesitant to get married to...Cheryl Marjorie Blossom, the Queen of France. From a long line of powerful redheads, I had to be careful about what path I was going to take, being with her.

And from a long bloodline of Topazes, why was I the only one who had to go to an unknown country and marry someone who I didn't even love? And yeah, I played with her when I was younger, running through the Castle garden, but that is only a vague memory now.

My mother said I should only speak when spoken to, and go places I'm told to go, but I'm a Queen, so why should I listen to her?

I stepped out of the carriage, opened by the servants, and I was helped down by some of the castle's men. Some parts of royalty are good, like the aspect of being waited on hand and foot; others, not so much...But I didn't know about those yet...

I was greeted by a high ranked chief of the kingdom.

"Welcome your highness," He bowed down to me.

"Thank you Chief," I smiled kindly before moving past him and to the grand doors.

The door was opened by Chiefs and my bags were taken to my room. I was led past the royal temples and gardens, into the main palace. A raven-haired girl, (I was unfamiliar of her rank at the time, but would soon learn where she stood) led me up the stairs and showed me where I would be staying until the time the wedding was going to take place.

The guest room was complete with a giant queen sized bed, a marble ensuite bathroom, and a large dressing room filled with gowns and heels. Placed in the room was also a vanity, a full length mirror, and a chest filled with pajamas. The chest was placed at the end of the bed. There was a window seat placed under one of the bay windows, the two windows next to it made of stained glass.

The room really was fit for a queen.

As I sat down on my bed, I wondered when I would see my childhood friend again; also known as the woman I was set to marry in a matter of weeks. I sighed out loud, walking to the window to see the hundreds of the people being let through the gates. Only certain people were allowed a seat at the main table, like Noblemen and women, the current Queens and Kings of the countries, the royal family, and a few of the really important chiefs and officials. 

I smiled down at the sight of Cheryl's younger siblings playing hide and seek in the garden, imagining kids of my own some day.

"Henry for a boy and Claude for a girl," I whispered to myself, imagining him or her running through the castle halls like Cheryl and I used to. "Maybe both," I bit my tongue thinking of the joy and happiness they would bring me.

I turned around as I heard a knock on my door. Walking to and opening it, I saw a servant. "Your majesty, it's almost time for the gathering," She curtsied.

"The Queen told me to tell you that your dress has been placed in your wardrobe. She said to wash up and then join her downstairs for the gathering."

"Thank you," I smiled before she curtsied once more and then left. I closed the door and walked to my closet. I was shocked at the elegant dress that stood before me, I had never quite seen one like it.

"Oh my-" I adored it at first glance, cherishing the valuable piece of clothing that stood before me .

~~~

I admired my reflection in the mirror, twirling around as I became accustomed to the long, flowiness of the hem. I giggled as I twirled and twirled, soon becoming dizzy.

I stopped twirling and giggling when there was a knock at my door once again. I stumbled, stopping for a minute to compose myself.

I inhaled then opened it. In front of me stood another servant, different from the one before. "Your majesty, the gathering is ready, you've been called down," She bowed her head.

"Thank you, I'll be right down," I smiled, closing the door and putting on my heels. I gave the window one last glance, seeing all of the people who were there before, were now gone; They had probably made their way into the Castle by now. I looked into the mirror, straightening out my dress, and making sure my makeup and hair were intact. I simpered to myself before walking out of my room and down the elegant staircase.

As I grew closer to the ballroom, I heard loud dancing music playing. The talking of guests, gathered from many countries, was heard castle-wide. The moment I stepped into the room, all talking subsided, and all heads turned my way.

I held my breath, ready for whatever criticism was to come. But instead, all I got was praise. The ones that didn't say anything stared; I couldn't tell if it was jealousy or something else.

Then I saw her. My childhood best friend, the woman I was going to marry. She smiled and held her hand out for me to take, which I gladly took.

Soft piano music started playing, as Cheryl led me to the dance floor. I would recognize the song anywhere, it was "Clair De Lune" by Claude Debassy.

"Care for a dance?" She grinned.

"Sure," I spoke softly, due to my nervousness. I had never seen someone so stunning. I was hypnotized by her beauty, caught in a trance that I had no intention of getting out of.  I had not seen the redhead since we were about ten years old, I believe, and wow she had changed.

All gazes fell upon us, but I only had eyes for the woman standing in front of me. She twirled me around, my dress fluttering in a graceful manner.

I looked into the honey brown orbs that beamed back contentedly at me, and a glow of exhilaration flushed through my body. Dancing here, in the middle of the ballroom dance floor, I felt our connection from our childhoods revive through our veins. Whereas before I had my doubts that time would break our previous bond, I was certain that we were compatible now.

We were meant to be.

———————————————————————

A/N: We hope you enjoy the first chapter! There's much more to come!