Chapter 1

Asteria was walking to the temple to help master Yoda for a youngling lesson

Asteria was walking to the temple to help master Yoda for a youngling lesson. She loved being a Jedi and protecting people who could not protect themselves. She was kept at the Jedi temple most of the time which drove her insane. She wanted to be out helping protect the galaxy during this time of war.

She personally felt that master Windu wanted to keep her at the temple where he knew she'd be safe. Asteria wouldn't have traded her master for another, she felt she learned more than most padawons under the guidance of master Windu. He trained her to be just like him, to conquer the heavy task of understanding the balance of using the light and dark side of the force.
She was the only other Jedi than him who had a purple lightsaber. But what else would you expect from  the apprentice, she was the only padawon he trained and fought the same as him.

Master Windu was brave and very knowledgeable in all ways of the force, but she had felt he had grown an attachment to his only padawon. He saw her as a daughter and would do anything to protect her as any master would, but he was overly protective of her more times than not and did not allow her to fight much in the war. She understood he didn't want someone he considered family to be in danger but he seemed to forget that she was not his child to protect, she was a Jedi knight who belonged in the field assisting the other hard working Jedi knights and clone troopers every day.

He would sometimes be someone who would act as "do as I say and not what I do" which frustrated her. She knew he had an attachment to her but would give the chosen one, Anakin Skywalker a hard time for his attachment issues.

Asteria and Anakin had always been good friends. She remembered the day the young chosen one arrived at the temple with master Qui-Gon and Master Kenobi when he was a padawon. Lots of people resented Anakin for getting to skip the youngling part of Jedi training and go right to being an apprentice. Asteria would be lying if she had said it didn't make her mad as a child also.

She had  always sensed his fear and sadness even as a child. It must have been scary leaving your home at 9 years old to be plopped in the busy Jedi temple. That was something that the other Jedi didn't have to experience, leaving your home behind and remembering it. She was his first friend in the order, sadly one of his only ones. He was very respected for being the chosen one but he didn't get to grow up with kids his age from the begging and having a life long bond with them as the other younglings had. So Asteria had chosen to get over her resentment and befriend Anakin. They always spent their spare time together as kids. She had the pleasure of watching him learn and grow to be an amazing Jedi.

Asteria and Anakin unfortunately hadn't seen each other since the battle of Geonosis. They often checked on each other through the force just to make sure they were both alive in these scary times. Anakin knew she was in no harm being locked away at the temple, but still reached out just to feel her familiar presence for comfort.

Master Windu would occasionally allow her to assist master Kenobi and the 212th battalion. She loved helping master Kenobi and the troopers. It saddened her how most people viewed the clones. People acted as if they aren't real human beings or have feelings or personalities. Asteria was confused herself the first time she fought with the clones as to if they really were different or not. After her first battle she took the time and got to know all of the troopers in the 212th and realized they truly were all different from each other.

Asteria hadn't realized she was walking up the stairs to the temple from being deep in thought the whole walk there. She made her way to the youngling room and began the lesson as soon as she arrived.

Today they were teaching different ways to hold a lightsaber for their liking. She remembered being in this class with Anakin as children and the thought made her smile.
She remembers how Anakin was very aggressive with his swings from being so excited to finally duel with a lightsaber.
Master Windu lectured him multiple times throughout the whole lesson, but him and Asteria still found a way to have fun.

Asteria was distracted from her memory when she heard a shuttle land on the temple platform. She felt the nerves of the medical clones bringing the patient in.

Asteria excused herself and made her way to the medic part of the temple to try to help in any way.

When she arrived she saw Anakin's padawon Ashoka Tano on the medic bed passed out.
Asteria reached out to Anakin through the force and sensed his intense worry for his padawon.

She wondered what would become of the 501st with commander Tano injured.