THE UNKNOWABLE TRUTH

a brief compilation of supernatural findings throughout history

•The Roman poet Virgil first wrote about werewolves in 39 B.C.E.

•Saint George, a Roman soldier, killed a dragon in Libya in the 3rd century.

•The Salem Witch Trials of 1692 resulted in the deaths of those accused of witchcraft by hanging and, in one case, pressing.

•In 1909 there were sightings of a Mokèlé-mbèmbé, a sauropod-like creature, in the Congo.

•In the summer of 1917, two young girls spotted and photographed a group of faeries in Cottingley Beck, England.  Though the girls admitted to the hoax, one claimed until her death in 1986 that one of the photos was, in fact, a genuine photo of faerie-folk.

•Joseph Bonaparte saw the Jersey Devil near his estate in Bordentown, New Jersey, in the early 19th century.

•In October 1932, two prospectors digging in the San Pedro mountains of Wyoming discovered a mummy of what the Shoshone refer to as a nimerigar.  X-Rays performed in the ‘50s revealed the skeleton was “manlike.”  The mummy disappeared in the ‘80s, and there is still a $10,000 reward for finding it.

•On May 2nd, 1962, Clairvius Narcisse was declared dead.  He returned to his village in Haiti in 1980, and it was revealed that a bokor (sorcerer) had given him special drugs to put him into a zombie-like state.

•In November 1966 the Mothman was sighted in Point Pleasant, WV.

•On October 20, 1967, Roger Patterson and Robert Gimlin filmed a Bigfoot near Bluff Creek, California.

•On November 5th, 1975, Travis Walton was abducted by aliens in Apache-Sitgreaves National Forest, Arizona.

•Ryu Shirozaki sighted a group of kappas in Tsushima, Nagasaki in August 1984.

•In 1988, poet Michael Cotignola saw the Tooth Fairy on Christmas Eve in his home in Bridgewater, NJ.

•Dr. Connor Stack has investigated more than 500 accounts of encounters with angels in the United States from 1994-2010.

•A dragon was sighted in Powys, Wales in March 2001 by a British nationalist and his colleagues.

•In May 2001, New Dehli residents were harassed by a mysterious monkey-man.  More than a dozen were injured by the creature, and at least two people died trying to escape the creature in a panic.  Official sources have explained this phenomenon away as mass hysteria.

•On Janurary 19, 2010, Carol Cavazos filed a report about a chupacabra sighting in Texas for CBS News.

•In 2011, Bishop Thomas John Paprocki of the Diocese of Springfield, Illinois estimated that there are approximately 30 priests in the United States qualified to perform the Rite of Exorcism, according to “The Return of the Catholic Exorcism,” an article by Christina Koningisor for the Atlantic.