Chapter 3

Asteria ran to her little studio apartment as fast as she could

Asteria ran to her little studio apartment as fast as she could. One of the perks of being trained by a member of the high council, you were awarded with an upgraded living space.

Most Jedi had a small living place at the temple, but the handful of people who made it through being trained by a high council member were rewarded with a bigger living space not located at the temple. It was still close to the temple, about a 10 minute walk. It was nice to have some distance from Jedi business 24/7.

Asteria didn't have a luxurious place, just the basics. When you walked in there was a small kitchen area and a little table. Next to the kitchen was a sitting area with some couches and comfortable chairs. Then at the end of the studio was her sleep area with a connected bathroom. She did have one request when moving in and that was for a large comfy bed. She never slept well when she lived at the temple on the small and hard cots.

She ran to her bathroom first and packed all her hygiene products first. Then she packed all the clothing items she owned. Asteria didn't dress in typical Jedi robes and cloak, she felt they were too heavy and weighed her down. She typically wore high waisted leggings, a crop top tank or fitted shirt, and her boots. She would wear her cloak when cold sometimes but she packed it just in case.

(Her usual attire)She packed all of her belongings and had one more stop before leaving for her adventure

(Her usual attire)
She packed all of her belongings and had one more stop before leaving for her adventure.
She wanted to visit Ashoka one last time and tell her she was getting sent to Anakin. She thought Ashoka might be mad at her because she was technically taking her place for a while.

But Asteria deserved this.

•••••••••••••••••••

She headed back to the temple and went straight to Ashoka to say goodbye.

Asteria knocked on the door and waited until she heard Ashoka's cheerful voice say,
"Back already Asteria?"

Asteria smiled and walked in. Ashoka noticed her bags and asked,
"What are the bags for?"

"I came to say goodbye, I'm getting stationed with Anakin to help out during your absence Ashoka." Asteria said uneasy. She wasn't sure how Ashoka would respond.

"Oh, they want to replace me already? I haven't even been gone a whole rotation." Ashoka said sadly.

"Ashoka, no ones replacing you. They need you. You're so important to the republic that they can't move forward without you. I'm not taking your place, they just need some help with you out. Please don't be upset." You said and you grabbed her hand.

She squeezed your hand in response and said,
"I understand, if anyone were to help I'm glad it's you, and I'm glad you will be with master Skywalker again. I know you are close friends and he misses you. And you're right huh? They can't go on without me. They think they're so tough but they need me!"

The girls started laughing together, Asteria hoped that she would get to spend time with Ashoka once she's healed, she was such a determined padawon.

Asteria looked at the time on her comlink and gasped,
"Oh no I'm going to be late to the loading dock I must leave immediately! I'm sorry I couldn't stay longer Ashoka but I must go now if I want to make it in time!" Asteria exclaimed.

"Yes you don't want to be late! You're going to love the 501st clones, they truly are amazing and the best soldiers in the galaxy!" Ashoka told her.

"I sure hope so. I'll call you soon Ashoka, may the force be with you!" Asteria said as she was leaving.

She ran to the loading dock hoping she would not be late.

She got there right on time and saw a couple clones talking with master Windu, Yoda, and Kenobi. They noticed her approaching and one of the clones took her bags for her and loaded them on the ship as she thanked him.

"Asteria, you remember my second in command Cody don't you?" Obi-wan asked.

Asteria looked to Cody and smiled,
"Of course I do, it's a pleasure to see you again commander Cody."

Cody smiled at Asteria and nodded.

"Your pilot is setting up the coordinates to Skywalker as we speak, are you sure you're ready for this my padawon?" Master Windu asked.

"I'm sure master, thanks to your teachings I guarantee."

"All right it seems it's time for you to head out. Good luck out there Salvatore, I'm sure I'll be seeing you and Anakin soon." Obi-Wan said to Asteria while walking away with master Yoda.

Master Windu stayed behind for a moment alone with Asteria.

He gave a big sigh and she ran to him and hugged him. He hesitated at first but hugged her back.

"Thank you master, I promise you I'll stay safe out there." Asteria told him.

"I know you will." He responded.

"Miss Salvatore, it's time to leave" Cody announced.

Asteria let go of master Windu and gave him a smile as she walked up into the ship with Cody. She followed him to the front as he instructed the pilot to take off.

"It'll take a couple hours to reach general Skywalker, they're towards the outer rim we'll be in hyperspace for a while." The pilot told them.

"Very good sir" Cody said,
"Miss, why don't you rest until we get there. I have a feeling general Skywalker and captain Rex won't let you rest once you're battling with them."

"Captain Rex?" You questioned.

"Yes Rex, one of my best mates. He truly is an amazing soldier and will always be there for you."

"I'm looking forward to meeting this captain. If he's anything like you I know he'll be an outstanding man." Asteria said as he chuckled at her.

"I will take you up on your offer tho, I'll be in the back resting. Thank you for your assistance commander." Asteria thanked him and made her way towards the rest area.

She passed a few clones who smiled and nodded at her. She loved the clones and each of their personalities.

She was more than ready to fight against the separatist.