The Orphanage

Um, hi. Call me Starry's Light, or Starry. Whichever one is easier on you. Anyways, I welcome you to my first fossil fighters story! You will be wrapped into the silly tale of a boy named Dino who experiences quite serious situations and doesn't take them very seriously whatsoever. Wish him good luck, and happy reading!

Dino: -mild grumbling in corner-

The Lost Fossil Fighter

Chapter 1: The Orphanage

Already, there's a bright bulge of sunlight rudely trying to kill my eyes, once again. Quick as I can, I peel the things open before wonderful sun's shine can filter in and practically murder those pupils. A bright slash of burning sunrise goes ahead and burns sight for a moment, but that's what to expect when good ol' Ms. Nosh specifically puts you underneath the window in the bedroom. Someone has to be there, gotta admit. There's too many of us guys for all of us to safely not be placed with their bed right in front of that stupid window. Moaning angrily at the thought of waking up, I kick away the really gray sheets and proceed to tumble out of bed, smacking into wooden floor below. A scaled quadrupedal breathes down my spine as one of its stumpy feet totters me to the side. Of course. To be expected. Ms. Nosh has to do something with her vivosaurs, now that she's the owner of the orphanage and not a full-time fossil fighter. Eventually, I decide the floor isn't comfy anymore and manage to pull myself over my big, olive-colored feet, gray spikes of hair clumping over gray eyes. Stupid hair. I just shove it around and hope it doesn't fall in my face before actually moving again.

First things first, gotta get some man clothes on. I drag myself from oak floor and tumble into the gigantic dresser behind. Stacks and stacks of a rainbow of clothing greets me as I stare around at the tons of fabric. As usual. I dunno, maybe I'll wear another color today. Nah, I like gray. Plain old gray all over me is how I roll. I dunno why, I just like gray over all the colors. Whatever. My best friend dons all red all the time. Not like he's any better. With that thought in mind, I fork out the rainy-day-gray shirt and shorts, huge on me as usual, and step past the beds cooped up in the room, trying to blink sleep dust outta my eyes. It's not working. I walk into a fluffy wall of vivosaur on the way out the room. I swear, Ms. Nosh needs to learn to keep a handle on those things. Yeah, they're fun to battle with and whatever, but now there's fur all over my face. She knows it's that time of the month. Andrarch is gonna absolutely flood the place with his hair.

Limply, slapping a big ol' wad of hair from my face, I tromp onwards to the bathroom, down the wooden hallway and a steep right. I turn to face the large bath tub to my good ol' left, a really giant sink, and the tall mirror on the left wall. I step over the even-more wooden floor, oh joy, to stare at myself. Same as ever. Dark gray hair, spiked up everywhere, a pair of light gray eyes, my olive-colored, also known as tan-on-gray skin, and of course, the lanky gray t-shirt and big ol' shorts, coming down much further for no reason whatsoever despite the fact that I'm not all buff and stuff and I'm not growing anymore. I'm so... gray. Hah. Like it like that. Makes me Dino-tastic. Ha ha ha.