𝐢𝐯. 𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐚'𝐬 𝐥𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐛𝐲

LUST FOR LIFE
bella's lullaby

LUST FOR LIFEbella's lullaby

     THE RIDE HOME was quiet as no one said a word

     THE RIDE HOME was quiet as no one said a word. The energy in the car ride home was much different than heading towards the Cullens' residence. Bella didn't have the chance to gather all her presents since she was in a hurry of leaving. She knew that Jasper and the others weren't near the Cullens residence, but it's better to be safe than sorry. Also, the rest of the Cullens weren't present so she didn't want to raise even more suspicion from Charlie and Beau.

Once they got back to their houses, they all got out of the cruiser.

"Thanks for inviting us. We had a great time," Charlie spoke up looking in Bella and Lena's direction.

"Thanks for coming. Sorry if it ran quite short. They were dealing with some...family problems so I thought it made sense to leave," Bella informed them.

"Yeah, I noticed that too. It was kinda strange, but it happens," Charlie shrugs.

Bella let out a sigh of relief. She's glad that he's not questioning the Cullens' behavior. Charlie then pulled Lena to the side as they were privately speaking to each other. Bella decided not to pry since it'll be rude to listen in to their conversation.

"Hey, Bella," Beau spoke up for the first time, gaining her attention.

"Yes?"

"Are you sure that everything is okay?" He warily asks.

Bella furrowed her eyebrows, trying to look and sound neutral. "Yeah," she nodded. "Why wouldn't it be?"

He shrugged. "I don't know..." He trails off. "It's just...Alice left in a hurry and then you and Lena seemed bothered by something."  Beau was more observant than Bella assumed he was. He was more aware than she realized. 

However, Bella kept her cool. "I wasn't really feeling it towards the end of the party and my Aunt got annoyed at me for wanting to leave the party so suddenly since I was being rude. And on top of that, the Cullens had to go deal with something." Bella has never easily lied through her tongue so effortlessly. It felt like the more she has to lie, the more convincing she is. Perhaps that's the reason why the Cullens are practically professionals at the lying game.