A short, short story

They dropped me down like a drop of a hat, ending up in this new reality. The feeling was strange, and unknown. Similar to when you go into a building you've never been in before. Your first response is to look around, trying to get a bearing on where you stand. There were trees where there should be land, land on houses where there should be a roof. Cemetery blocks where there should be a park, a fence running through a walkway where there should be, well, a walkway. The strangeness was one that struck out like a crooked nail. But the strangest of them all was the house on the hills, that physically shouldn't be standing as it was so steeply clinging on the sloping hill. And yet the house itself wasn't what caught your gaze, it was the demonic structures out front, that looked more fitting to be in a Dali painting.

Itching to get closer, my examination of this frightening scene got cut short. There was a metal on metal screeching sound coming from behind me. I turned around mid walk, saw a single swinging swing, except it had no frame, and no rider. The eerie reflections in that scene, casting shadows from the setting sun, coupled with tombstones far too large for a 6 feet person. It was the most bizarre experience, for the surrounding elements were in control, moving in their own accord, as if after some master plan. In the background there were these extremely tall trees, swaying with the movements of the wind, which I could feel on my face. Except they were swaying in the opposite direction of the wind.

You see, what worried me the most, wasn't the swing, or the trees, or the kakfaesque sculptures. But the resemblance they all had with the emotional pain I was feeling then. It goes as such: the lopsided house represented the imbalance and discomfort I feel at home. The structures represent the fears I face in becoming my true self, hence why I never actually faced them, I turned away. The swing, the motion of life itself with no support, no stableness that you can lean on. The cemetery, the only guaranteed thing in life, the inevitable. But most importantly the trees, oh the trees. The dream, seeing above all the nuances of life's roller coaster. Seeing your life as it should be. You see, my subconscious was staring at itself, quite a fearful thing to see. Oh and did I mention that this was all a dream?