Chapter 6

Asteria's outfit under Jedi robe

"We've been on the down low as of recently. We've been keeping watch on Ryloth and scanning what ships have been entering and leaving their system. There were separatist signals around the area and we're waiting to make our move if needed to. But don't be alarmed General, there hasn't been much activity in the last couple days so we might be heading to another mission soon." Rex told Asteria as he was holding her bags and leading her to her rest area.

Asteria had a look of concern on her face. She confessed to Rex,
"To be honest Rex I haven't been in battle in quite some time. Master Windu likes to keep me hidden at the temple."

"That's a shame miss, we could have really used your skills in this war earlier I'm glad you're here." Rex told her.

"Well that's what's I'm here for now captain. I'm happy to help out in any way." Asteria
Told him with a smile.

Rex had put his helmet back on so he could use both his hands to carry her stuff for her. She told him multiple times she could help but he insisted he could handle it.

"You don't have to call me captain all the time you know. You're more then welcome to just call me Rex." He told her.

"Will do Rex." She looked at him with a smile.

His heart sped up every time she looked at him. He knew he should not have any feelings that he was having and he didn't understand what was wrong with him. He was a captain and had a crush on his new general? He shook his head at his own thoughts and they had arrived at her room. He opened the door for her and allowed her to walk in. She looked around the room as he set her bags down. It wasn't nearly as big as her place on Coruscant but she didn't expect much for being on a republic ship.

"I know it's not much but at least you have your own room. Us clones always share whether on a ship or on Coruscant." Rex told her.

Asteria took off her Jedi robe and smoothed her pants down continuing to look around. Rex noticed her form fitting attire and blushed. He quickly looked away to be respectful.

"It's alright. I'm just a bit spoiled at home but this is perfect." She said as she started unpacking some of her clothing.

The room was fairly small. There was a small bed in the corner of the room, a closet and a connected small bathroom. Rex was about to leave so she could unload her stuff when she stopped him and said,

"Rex why don't you take that helmet off? It must get stuffy being in there all the time."

Rex removed his helmet and stood still still. He was extremely nervous, he had never been alone with a female in this way before. He felt like she was flirting with him and he was slightly uncomfortable. He didn't know how to react, he was flattered that someone so beautiful would talk in such a way to him, someone who had the same face of thousands of others. He didn't know why he stood out but he liked the slight attention.