Chapter 7

Asteria took longer than expected when making her way to Anakin. She was very confused trying to navigate this ship she had never been in before. She ended up finding her way to him through the force because she was so frustrated trying to find her way around on her own. Finally, she found him in the control room. He was looking at a hologram of a map when she walked in, he saw her come in and shut it off and gave her a smile.

"Hello Ani, what can i do for you?" Asteria asked him.

He walked up to her and greeted her with a big hug.

"I wanted a proper hello to my new co-general of course." He told her. They pulled away and smiled widely at each other.

Asteria would never tell a soul of their past together. When they were 15-17 years old they had a secret romance. They were not in love with each other and it was a mutual understanding. They would sneak out of the temple late at night and find secret places to make out. She knew she could control herself with her feelings, but she eventually started to feel Anakin's feelings growing stronger for her so she ended things not wanting to cause any problems. They ended things on a good note and resumed their normal friendship after. She still felt like he would look at her a certain way and she admitted it made her blush, but she knew his heart belonged to another woman. She didn't know who, but she could sense his love for someone else but never asked him about it. It did bother her when he'd look at her in a certain way knowing he had another love. Asteria sometimes felt that he thought he could do whatever he wanted because he's the chosen one.

They pulled away from each other and he gave her a longing look. She tried changing the subject by clearing her throat and asking,

"How's Ashoka?"

"She'll be fine, she's upset that she's going to be missing some action for a while but she'll get over it. And I don't like to be called Ani anymore, it makes me feel like I'm a kid and I'm not." He told her with a serious tone.

"I know you're not a kid I'm sorry. You're so grown up now with your own padawon and leading a battalion of your own. I'm sure you won't need much of my help, I'm just excited to finally be a part of this war." She told him.

"It seems we've both grown up, I will need your help that's why you were sent to me. It'll be like old times again." He said while stepping closer to her.

Asteria took a step back and put her hand on his chest and said,
"Anakin, we will not let history repeat itself. This war is important and we can't have any distractions, understood?" She said with a firm tone.

He smiled and said,
"Of course milady, just excited to have a familiar face around is all."

She chuckled and said,
"What? Seeing a million of the same faces every day isn't familiar to you yet?"

"You know what I mean Asteria." Anakin said.

She simply gave him a small smile and excused herself. Being the only woman on a ship full of men was exhausting. She didn't know what game Anakin was playing but she wanted no part in it.

•••••••••••••••••••••

Asteria had made her way to her sleeping quarters and had an easier time navigating this time. She sat on her bed and sighed. Anakin had been the only man to ever show any interest in her before and now she had all her soldiers looking her way. She could sense all their emotions today when she met every one of them, she knew they all found her attractive and it made her extremely nervous.
A relationship isn't what she came here to peruse. Even if she wanted to, she could never allow herself to fall in love. She was a Jedi, this whole situation shouldn't even be a thought for her. But to have balance of the light and dark side as she learned from her master before her, you have to be vulnerable to your feelings and learn to not let them control you.
She would admit, she did like to flirt with the boys knowing that she could handle her emotions and everything that came with it. But a relationship was not what she intended on having.