Chapter 1

Blank and Y/n where at home Y/n was making breakfast Blank was getting ready for work Blank grabbed a piece of toast and Y/n handed him the truck key's Blank checked the time, "Crap if I stay any longer I'm gonna be late, bye Y/n" He kissed her cheek and left Y/n flipped the last pancake and turned the stove off, she went up stairs and woke up her daughter, "Leah breakfast." She said, Leah sat up, "Is it pancakes?" Leah asked "Yes ," Y/n said Leah got up and ran down stairs Y/n smiled and went down stairs and Leah was in the kitchen her wings were out, Y/n sighed, "Leah what did I say about flying in the house." She said before Leah did anything, "Sorry mommy." Leah retracted her wings Y/n smiled and set a plate with a pancake on it on the table and pulled up a chair Leah wolfed down her pancakes Y/n grabbed a lunch box and made Leah a lunch she zipped it up and put it in her backpack, "You ready for your first day of second grade?" Y/n asked Leah nodded "I wonder if Sofia will be in the same class as me this year." Leah said, "Could be," Y/n said she held Leah's hand all the way to the bus stop not long after they got there the bus arrived.

~Later~

Leah's POV

I walked inside the elementary building and the staff showed me where my class was because I forgot, once I walked in class the teacher assigned our seats I sat next to the new boy he had white hair and red eyes he looked cool I wanted to say hi but I had to wait for.... I don't know how long but it felt li an eternity until lunch came I sat down next to him. "Hi." I said he shyly looked at me, "H-Hi." "I'm Leah, what's your name?" I asked "I'm Cory" He said I smiled.

At recess

I was on the swing set and Cory sat in the shade under a tree I got off and sat next to him. "Why aren't you running around and playing with the other kids?" I asked "M-My skin is extremely sensitive to sunlight because to a skin condition." He said "You sure use a lot of big words." I said with a slight chuckle he nodded.