Chapter Five

It had been about two weeks since the party, and Dean had gotten the script for the new movie about a week previous. As he read through it, he found himself more and more excited for the filming to start, Novak be damned. He'd never gotten to play a character that was designed to go off the deep end, and frankly, he had always wanted to. By the time that the beginning date for filming arrived, he found himself up early and unable to sit still.

As soon as his car arrived for the morning, he jumped into the backseat, feeling like a little kid on Christmas. Tapping his fingers as he watched out the window, he silently ran over the scenes they were scheduled to shoot that day in his head. Nothing too big, just the opening scene and a base scene where Dean's character, Harris, would reveal to the audience that he was a super hero of sorts. Novak wouldn't even be there that day, which was a relief. It meant he'd get to enjoy his first day without that bitch in his way.

Before he knew it, they were at the set, and he smiled, getting out of the car to go find the director. Crowley met him on the way in, talking fast immediately.

"Okay, so first you have to meet the director, then go straight to the costume department. From there, you're headed directly for the makeup department. Then we're getting right into shooting. There's gonna be a lunch break between the opener and the second film shoot, so you'll head to your trailer and settle your things in. Then we do the second shoot and you get out of here for the day," Crowley said, taking a deep breath as he tried to talk and keep Dean's pace.

Dean nodded, turning down the hallway they'd entered and toward a more open room, probably where they'd film. At the end of the hall, he saw a man with a headset talking to roughly everyone, and he figured that was their director. The man turned and saw him coming, waving him over as he came closer to the end of the hall. Dean and Crowley stopped in front of him, Dean putting out a hand to the director. The man returned the handshake, smiling.

"Hey, I'm Thomas, your director. Crowley and I have met," he said, laughing. Dean smiled back at him, ready to get this show, or rather, movie, on the road.

"I'm excited to work with you, Thomas. Now, where's the costume area? That's my first stop, I assume," Dean said, feeling Crowley's eye roll next to him without looking. Dean grinned slightly, always enjoying pissing off Crowley. He was too moody, he made it more fun than it should be.

"Yes, of course! Costume department is this way," Thomas said, leading the way as Dean followed behind. Crowley didn't, presumably staying to make sure everything was safe and in order. As moody as he was, he was good like that.

"We're all so excited to have you on the project," Thomas said over his shoulder. Dean chuckled, shoving his hands in his front pockets as he walked.

"I'm excited to be here, like I said. This movie seems like it's gonna be incredible. If anything, I'm glad you wanted me to work on it," Dean responded, stopping as Thomas did. Thomas smiled at him, gesturing to the costume department door.

"Of course. Now, let's get you ready," he said, letting Dean in and walking back to his main area. Dean looked around, seeing a few people bustling around the room. Immediately, one guy spotted him and walked over, hand out for an introduction. Shaking his hand, Dean smiled at him, getting a smile in return.

"Hey, I'm Isaiah," the guy, Isaiah, said. "Let's get you in the costume for scene one, and then you'll have to come back before the second filming."

Leading Dean to the back area, he saw that they had a diagram of what scenes had what costumes for every character. Damn, they were good. Isaiah walked up to the board, looking at the list for the first scene and nodding, grabbing things off of shelves and handing them to Dean. Once he'd given him all the pieces, he let him into a small changing room at the back, making sure to tell him that they'd have to check and adjust the outfit for the scene before he could go to makeup.