4. See No Evil

"Thank you for coming so quickly," Sabrina said as she placed Anastasia's Prada bag into the backseat of the Rolls-Royce

"There's no problem, young miss," Grigory replied with an understanding smile, his fine wrinkles deepening. "Have a good night."

Grigory had been a driver with the Petrov family long before Anastasia was born and even before the family migrated to America. For the past six years, he had come to their rescue whenever the girls found themselves in trouble.

Tonight, he was saving Sabrina at least an hour's drive, as she made sure her drunk friends found their way home safely.

After bidding farewell to the older man, she returned to her car. Leyla lay sprawled on the backseat, unconscious from the copious amounts of alcohol she had consumed. Unlike Grigory, the Özyıldız driver did not work on weekends. The family maintained their independence, despite their considerable wealth. As a result, their driver only worked weekdays, much like the rest of their household staff.

So what would she do with Leyla? 

There was no way she was going to bring the drunk girl back to her college campus, and she was equally unwilling to take Leyla back to her aunt's apartment. The thought of a teacher and an intoxicated, underage college student together was a recipe for disaster.

While her aunt could be carefree and negligent, there were moments when she assumed the role of a responsible guardian. Rare moments. Without a doubt, showing up in this state would undoubtedly trigger one of those moments, and the lecture they would receive was already giving her phantom migraines.

She should have never gotten them drinks. 

The only silver lining was Leyla's parents' absence for the weekend, leaving the house quiet and vacant. It was the only logical reason for Leyla to risk her recently earned freedom for a night out. And, if Sabrina was lucky, there would be one maid left to help drag Leyla's lifeless body into the estate.

The drive to the Özyıldız home was short, yet stressful. Every five minutes, she would check to see if Leyla was alright. Worried about her friend's condition and anxious about being pulled over, she couldn't think straight. When she finally pulled into their gated mansion, she heaved a sigh of relief.

Sabrina parked the car and rolled down the windows. Glancing at the backseat, she found Leyla sprawled across it, oblivious, emitting light snores that filled the air. It was precisely this snoring that had convinced Sabrina never to share a dorm room with her friend. However, in moments like these, she found herself grateful for it. At least it assured her that Leyla, reckless as she was, was alright, even though she had consumed enough alcohol to warrant a stomach pumping.

They weren't going out for the rest of the semester, she decided then. No matter how much Leyla or Anastasia tried to convince her otherwise. Determined, she grabbed Leyla's keys and stepped out into the chilly night air.

Entering the warm home, she noted the eerie silence that engulfed the space. With it, her hopes dwindled. All she saw was empty darkness, not a maid in sight. Resigned to her fate, she decided to grab a jacket and a blanket from Leyla's room before returning to her car. However, as she ascended the stairs, she heard what sounded like a pained cry.

"What the hell?" Sabrina muttered under her breath, pausing for a moment to listen intently. When nothing but silence lingered, she began to leave once more, convinced she was just imagining things. But then, she heard it again—a piercing cry breaking the silence.

Sabrina darted up the stairs. Oh my God, is it one of the maids? What if they fell and can't get up? Should she call an ambulance? Her mind raced with thoughts and scenarios.

With a quick push, she swung the guest bedroom door open, only for her heart to plummet into her stomach.

It was not an old woman making those sounds.

Her throat grew dry as her eyes took in the scene before her. A thin, red-haired woman with pale skin had her eyes closed, back arched as she drove herself to pleasure. Grinding herself onto the hips of Mr. Özyıldız, as though he was not a married man. His hands were wrapped around her waist, driving her closer to the precipice of her climax, eyes alight with desire.

It wasn't pain, but pleasure, she realized with reddening cheeks.

"Oh my God."

In her astonishment, the words clumsily fumbled from her lips. Stuck where she stood, she watched the two still at her words. Immediately, the ginger shrieked, disengaging herself from the married man below her.

The woman covered herself with a blanket, apologies she didn't deserve falling from lips as she rushed past Sabrina out of the room.

But Mr. Özyıldız didn't panic.

As if he was unfazed, he rose from the bed in his naked glory. Her eyes were glued to his muscles, which flexed and flexed as he covered himself in a robe. Heart hammering in her ears, Sabrina knew she should leave before she sees anything else. She already saw more than she meant to see. But, she couldn't. The innocent young girl was too shocked to move.

He was cheating on his wife. Mr. Özyıldız, Leyla's father, was cheating on his wife.

And he didn't seem to care that he was caught.

"Have you seen enough, Prenses?" He finally spoke, dark eyes falling onto the young girl. "Or, shall I call her back for more?"

If he was angry, she couldn't tell. His voice sounded just as impassive as usual. But there was one thing she knew, for certain: She had his full attention, something she could never have said before that moment.

She felt like a lamb before a wolf; the look in his eyes, the tone of his voice...something about it put her on high alert. It was then that her body started to listen to her instincts.

"S-s-sorry, I just...Leyla...I didn-" She stopped, tongue heavy, face hot. The atmosphere made it seem like she was the one who did something wrong. He rose a brow, approaching slowly. She couldn't breathe, it was as though her lungs stopped functioning.

Her body stopped functioning.

He stopped before her, towering over her small frame. She didn't dare look up, didn't dare move or speak. Sirens were sounding in her head, and she didn't know what to do.

When his rough hand gripped her cheek, tilting her head up to look at him, she thought she would faint.

Ambrose let his eyes roam over her features. From her plump, full lips, to her cheeks stained a bright red, and her sharp eyes, wide with shock and confusion. Then, he let go, a low, dry laugh falling from his lips. He stepped past her, heading down the hall to the master bedroom.

"Good night, Sabrina." His low voice spoke into the silence. If she didn't know any better, she would have thought she heard a taunting tone.

"Lock the door on your way out."