Chapter One

As Holmi Kabel walked away from the gate and headed toward Incheon's main terminal, she pulled the hood of her sweater over her head. She pulled her bag closer, protecting its contents as she always did when she was among a lot of people.

Squeezing the bag, she glanced down at it. It had definitely seen better days. But somehow, she could never let herself part from it, despite being told numerous times that sentiment was an emotion better avoided. But the bag reminded her of what was, who she was, and the one person who had meant everything to her.

However, now was not the time to let herself dwell on the past. Her final destination was still over an hour away and the sooner she got there, the better she would feel.

She walked quickly through the airport, heading toward the bus terminals when suddenly she stopped in her tracks. A wave of familiarity washed over her, something she hadn't felt in over fifteen years.

Glancing around the airport, she searched for the origin of the tremor she felt. In an instant, her attention was drawn to the far end of the large room, near the exit. A small group of men were walking towards the door at a rapid pace. Two of them straggled in the back, one of who was looking directly at her.

His eyes went wide as they bore into her, a slight glimmer appearing when he realized who he was looking at. But a split second was all either of them had to see each other. His face had been covered by a face mask and a moment after they had seen each other, he was pulled away by someone else.

But the feeling he had left with her would not be forgotten. It was the first time Holmi had run into another force user since she was a Padawan. And just the thought that she was not the only one in the galaxy, gave her hope.

***

Somewhere else in the galaxy...

"Sir, the outer rim planets are not worth our time. It would be a waste of resources and personnel." Commander Manu paced back and forth in his small office.

The man who stood next to him, raised his eyebrow inquisitively. "I agree Commander. Those planets and the scum that live on them are not worthy of a second thought." He growled. "But unfortunately this decision was not mine to make."

"How soon must we leave?" Manu headed toward his desk.

"Immediately. Tarkin says we have already wasted too much time here."

"The order comes from Tarkin?" Sitting down, Manu shook his head at the revelation before quickly pushing the communication button on his desk.

"Yes Commander Manu?" The voice over the com sounded a little too eager to please.

"Lieutenant Beltran set course for the closest planet in the outer rim. And as soon as you are ready, make the jump to light speed." Manu relayed the information before looking back up at the Admiral, just in time to see his nod of approval.
***

Seoul, South Korea...Current day

Holmi looked around the city bustling with people. She smiled to herself. This populated area was going to be the perfect place to lay low. Unfortunately, she knew it would not be the easiest place for her to adapt to.

Since she had unknowingly and miraculously escaped Order 66, she had been in hiding. Holmi was careful as to where she would stay. She only chose place that were secluded, with only one or two small colonies. Places where she could go days without seeing or talking to anyone. Places that she knew there was a low possibility of her getting captured and killed.