hey there y/n

-

"Common won't you sing that for me!" A higher-pitched voice begged her longest friend who chuckled casually holding his guitar in his lap. "The camera is rolling right?" He asked, looking towards the camera with a charming smile, teeth slightly showing more on one side than the other while he cheekily winked towards the camera without his female friend noticing. She came from behind the screen, or the camera more like it, coming to sit beside him with shimmering eyes very ready to listen to his famously angelic voice. "Yes, it's working! Common Alex, you're dragging it out too long just start! Mamá and I are going to watch this after too you don't want us to sit through this intro...!" "Okay, okay..." He started, plucking at the strings listening out and practicing his cords quickly before starting just to make sure he wouldn't get anything wrong.

This had to be perfect, even if he put on a happy smile he was really struggling inside. Yes, he was excited to move away and pursue his youtube career elsewhere since he was really coming into his own and he wanted some time to himself... Away from home. And as much as he talked about moving away to the big city when he was young, he genuinely was really afraid of a host of different things. One huge one being so far away from his comfort, his longtime crush and best friend Y/n that he never had the balls to ask out. He yearned for her to come with him, begging her every day he could to take the plunge and leave their smaller town. But as much as she wanted to travel, New York was the place she always described as heaven to visit, she denied leaving. "It's not for me Cabrón," She told him jokingly every time, using a borderline offensive nickname referring to how every female their age they knew had essentially fallen in love with him at some point in time. "Always such a player," a common phrase she would always tell him halfheartedly.

But even with the insulting nicknames, playful banter with things suck as "you suck" and "I hate you" thrown in, they always took time together expressing their favourite thing, music. Alex usually taking guitar, singing lower parts of the song while Y/n sung the majority of it while being able to smoothly hit the higher notes. Their harmonization was so popular amongst locals they were asked to perform at local schools they didn't even attend and sometimes the occasional bar during the day while they were young. It was something to listen to, and this recording would be the last one they would be doing together before he left. Forever... And that's why it needed to be perfect because when she would be lonely, this would be what would pull her through it.

"Hey there... Y/n what's it like in New York City?" He sang a little cracky at first, not used to singing this part usually having her do it for him. But he was adamant about doing the whole song, it was the least he could leave his Y/n. She smiled though, through his nail-to-chalkboard singing, she didn't care. Because this wasn't a concert she was paying for, this was her best friend, and hidden crush, since they could barely talk. And that special little change from Delilah to Y/n warmed her heart that much more as just having him say her name made her stomach flutter and do all sorts of flips that never dulled over time. "I'm a thousand miles away but girl tonight you look so pretty... Yes, you do." His singing drastically improving, looking down to make sure he was playing the right thing before turning to her with a genuine smile. His dirt-coloured eyes and rosy cheeks seeming to be more noticeable, more vibrant and much more attractive to the flustered girl as she saw in his voice and in him how genuine he was when he said that. Not a single fibre in his body lied when he expressed how he thought about the girl, Y/n, the most stunning woman that he never dared ruining his friendship with. He had such a beautiful thing going on, if she didn't feel the same who knows how the dynamic might change forever? Even now in the face of not seeing her for a long time, having her move on to someone new while he would inevitably be hung up on her, he couldn't tell her. The words would always get malformed on his tongue and he couldn't seem to get the breath out of his chest.