Jubilee Line

A/N: So I've really wanted to do an angst book and today in school (the most depressing place) I managed to write out a whole ass angst in my classes so I was like 'Wow, I'm really committing'. So uhm here we go. It's very short and not a lot of detail but this is just a start chapter.

Words: 1341

Triggers: Suicidal Thoughts, Depression, Suicide, Rejection

Prompt: Dream and George finally get to meet up, it doesn't go how they intend and Dream spends his last night in London getting lost in his own head.

(When there is one)Song Inspo: Jubilee Line

One week; it was only meant to be a week long trip; too short in their opinion. Dream would come over from the United States to visit George and they could hang out together for the first time. Could catch up on all the things they hadn't been able to over calls, George could show him around his town and do all the things distant best friends would normally do during a first time meeting overseas.

That was what was supposed to happen, after all that, all the planning and excitement; the trip just felt like a waste of time. The city only left a sickening feeling in Dream's stomach as he walked out of George's house that day, after the brunet told him it was best that he left.

What was the fight about exactly? Well Dream had confused his feelings, after getting reassurance from multiple friends saying that they could 'see how he looked at Dream the same way'. All sure that the british man felt the same.

How they couldn't have been more wrong.

"I thought we were joking!" he screamed at the blond, "It was all just bits and stuff but you actually meant it?!" Dream could only sit there on the corner of George's bed, where moments ago they had been lying down together peacefully; until the taller leaned in to kiss the boy.

It felt right, feeling the smallers plump lips against his own; like this was why he was here, to be the other's purpose and vice versa. The warmth that ran through his stomach left a feeling of being at home but as he pulled away from the soft surface, the warm sensation was replaced with sharp cold from the look on George's face. The chill that ran through his veins as the excitement and surge of courage he had minutes ago left him.

The other quickly stood up and stumbled back til he hit his desk, fumbling things on it as he tangled fingers in his hair; a look of shock on his face with his cheeks tinted red in embarrassment. "W-What the hell was that?" Dream quickly sat up, trying to apologise and take it back but there was no going back. Tears pierced the corners of the emerald eyes, the regret staining his cheeks wet as they fell; the brunet continuing to yell until it ended with a quiet. "I think you should leave."

-

The cool London air hit his face as he left, closing the door gently behind him, walking down the cold pavement; dragging his feet as though it were the one to hurt his feelings. He tried wiping the tears from his cheeks but most had already dried, gripping the duffel bag in his hand roughly as the shame flooded his head; how he had managed to fuck up a decades worth of friendship in a matter of minutes. Taking a shaky breath, coughing slightly as the dry air hit his lungs; it felt almost suffocating, the air and his emotions.

The blond made his way down the familiar path that George had shown him days earlier while walking around together. Finding himself walking down the stairs to the subway system, empty stairs from it being almost the middle of the night. The soft patter of his shoes hitting each step, leaving the faint lamp post lighting behind; being met with the bright and flickering lights from underground. He faced one of the walls, a wall with various stickers slapped on by people; spotting some sharpie writing in the middle.

Dream and George

With a little smiley face and a pair of goggles doodled on to mark that they were there. He chuckled, it was pained though; hurt behind it as more tears fell. He reached into his pocket, grabbing the small piece of quartz from his pocket; glaring at the small pink figurine before throwing it at the concrete wall with a loud shout; widening his eyes as it shattered.

He looked down, whimpering as the shards erupted onto the floor; a chunk of the elephant head falling at the tips of his shoes. He reached down, grabbing and balling it into his fist as he walked further into the tunnel. When the two were here together they sat on one of the benches, eating sandwiches while watching the 'cars' slide down the rails; letting out groups of people before more got on. They were laughing then, now he was alone; running his hand along the rough material of the bench before sliding down onto it.

The coldness could be felt beneath his thighs, sending chills through his spine from the shivering England weather. He had only brought a thin jacket with him, maybe the love in his heart would have kept him warm; if it had been reciprocated, now all that was left was the cold and bitter truth.

Dream dropped the bag next to his feet, nothing of real importance in it. He had hoped that when he met George in person, that he would feel more to locate the importance in things but the only thing that he could find meaning to live for, was George. It wasn't the brunet's fault for not feeling the same way, it's just that he had been expecting a different outcome; it's what he had been led up to anyways. Dream always hated yelling, even before now; hearing it come from his crus-... best friend, was like a stab to his heart...and mental health.

The blond looked up from his hands that were resting with elbows on his knees, cupping the quartz tightly; the sharp corners digging into his rough palms. More people had arrived from the train, some remaining to get the next 'car.' Dream slowly stood up, letting his legs move for themselves; he didn't have any other will, no more encouragement to continue fighting. He lost his best friend, if he were to tell the others they would laugh and the fans...they would be so upset to see them falling apart and angry at each other.

Dream was lost in his own thoughts, not noticing where he was going until he stopped right in front of the rail line. He looked down, it wasn't that far; maybe a few feet deep, yet one fall in with a 'car' coming would be....

"There's a reason, that London puts barriers on the tubelines." George had told him while they were talking together, they both knew the reason for them. "There's a reason, that London puts barriers on the rails." The brunet had said it so simply, like it was nothing new to him but it chipped at the back of Dream's slowly failing mind; the one that struggled to process anymore.

Dream's hands began to tremble, he managed to fumble for his phone that was in his pocket; taking it out and clicking the power button. Tears began to form once again, blurring his vision of the picture on his lock screen; a picture of him and George at the airport the second they saw each other. He accidentally clicked on a twitter notification that appeared, taking him to the app. He bit his shaking lip, tears falling down his cheeks as he typed out; "There's a reason...", with the little blue bird making its sound.

"Northern and Waterloo and City Lines, and National Rail Services"

The sound of wheels on the tracks could be heard approaching the station, Dream looked down at his phone once more; seeing the hundreds of thousands of comments asking what he meant. He took one last glance over his shoulder, stuffing his phone into his pocket and gripping the broken piece of pink quartz close to his chest. The shrieking of rails neared closer as he turned around, "There's a reason..." he jumped back, feeling his feet leave the ground as a horn rang through ears; piercing screams from surrounding people. He opened his eyes, vision blurred by tears as a light appeared next to him; "...they fail."