~LOVE

CHAPTER ONE

What happened to you!?" I half screamed, trying not to draw attention.

"I don't know what you're talking about," he said, trying to pull away from me.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about! Look at you..." I said, gesturing towards him. "The black jacket, bad boy look... you're even starting to act like it!" I said, glaring at him.

"I have to go," he said, pulling from my grip. "I don't have time for this," he added, as he started walking away.

"I can't believe you, Derek! After all these years... you're throwing me away like garbage. What did I do!?" I asked, while tears streamed down my face.

He turned around to face me and started walking back towards me. He had a sad and furious look in his eyes. "You didn't do anything... don't ever blame yourself!" He said, with anger in his voice. It almost came out as a growl. "Then why are you doing this? You are my best friend, Derek..." I said as my voice broke.

"I know, but it's better this way... I'm sorry," he added. He was reaching to wipe away my tears, but I jumped away before he could touch me.

"No, you don't get to do that... you chose them!" I said, gesturing towards his new group of friends. They were watching us from across the school parking lot. I walked away before he could say anything else... my heart was throbbing.

I had to go through the woods to get to my house, and I could barely see through the tears. I tripped over my own stupid feet, so I just sat there, crying.

"You're so pathetic, Princess," Zayn said, stepping towards me. I instantly got up and started backing away from him. He kept walking towards me, and I kept stepping backwards until my back hit a tree. "You know it's dangerous out here in these woods," Zayn said, as he closed the distance between us.

"Just let me go, Zayn..." I said, trying to sound more powerful than I felt.

"Why should I do that, Princess?" He asked, as he twirled a piece of my blonde hair in his hands.

"Because she told you to!" Derek shouted, as he came charging towards us.

Well, well... look who decided to join us, Zayn said, with a smirk. But he didn't let me go or take his eyes off of me.

Leave her alone, Zayn. Zoey and I are done... theres no reason for you to mess with her anymore, he growled. Like he really growled at the end. I just stood there looking between them.

What the hell do I do...? Should I jump in and say something?

"Oh, I know, but she's so fun to mess with... she gets scared so easily," he said with a smirk, as he twirled another piece of my hair and smelled it.  Weird...

"I'm going to say this one last time... LEAVE! HER! ALONE!" Derek said with a full growl now, as he took a step closer to us.

"Or what, Derek? What are you going to do about it?" Zayn asked, glancing up at him now.

You know Im stronger than you, Derek said to him, standing his ground.

Do you really want to go there with me!? Derek growled, getting closer to me and Zayn.

Fine," Zayn said with a smirk, but he didn't let me go. He lowered his mouth to my ear and dropped his voice down, where I could barely make out what he was saying..."Stay away from us, Princess... if you're smart, which I think you are. Stay. Away..." he warned me, as he backed off and walked away, not looking back.

Derek didn't turn back to face me until Zayn was out of sight, then he was instantly by my side.

Are you alright? He asked, sounding like himself again.