chapter 1: 6 month prior

*Iris' P.O.V*

TWINS! FREAKING TWINS!

Jess and I were sat looking at the monitor watching the two little blobs move around the screen. I had completely zoned out knowing that what he was telling us wasn't important to me and was more to do with her and the children that were renting my body.
I should probably explain, you see Jess is my best friend from nappies and so when she came to me with her husband and said that she needed to find a surrogate for her child. I didn't even have to think twice before agreeing. Since I was planning on spending the whole of this year writing my latest book I knew that I would have the free time and ability to do this for her and I knew how much she wanted to be a mother.
With no partner to speak to I gave her the answer and now a month later we were sat at the OBGYN office seeing if it had worked and the embryo had stuck. Turns out 2 of the 6 fertilised embryos had stuck and I was now pregnant with one more child than I had planned.

I sank further into the chair whilst the doctor gave us all of the required information and explained he would like to see me next month to make sure they were growing at a steady rate. We thanked the doctor and made our way out of the private office towards the car. I was still in shock. My body was now in charge of looking after 2 fetuses and they weren't even mine.

This is gonna be a long 9 months.

A/N - Hi guys, this is my first ever fanfiction so I know it may not be great. Once I've finished writing it I will go through and edit it so until it says completed there may be a few mistakes. I hope you enjoy