.

the stars were so bright, framed on the night sky better than any diamonds Hades could ever own. Nico was acutely aware of everything around him, the splashing of the waves on the beach in the distance, the camp fire dying down to embers, the monsters groaning in the woods, a pesagsus' wings... And the steady breathing of Will Solace beside him.
He's too close, Nico thought absently. His pulse was going a thousand times a second, and the burning on his face stubbornly refused to recede. He tried to breathe to calm himself, but that only made his pulse go even faster.
"The stars are so pretty." Will said quietly, and Nico flinched at the sound of his voice. "Yeah," Nico answered quickly, "beautiful night." Stupid, stupid stupid. What kind of response was that? He silently prayed to the gods for something, anything, to ease the tension.
Will was silent for a long time, which made Nico's palms even more sweaty that before. Just when Nico decided he couldn't stand the silence anymore, Will spoke.
"So I heard you're planning on staying here."
"Yeah." Help.
"Guess I could use some help at the infirmary. If you're looking for something to do."
"Oh. Um... Doctors usually don't invite sons of Hades to take care of their patients."
"Nico, I really don't care..."
"Will..."
"What?"
...
"NOT YOUR TYPE, HUH?!" Percy bursted onto the roof, making Nico and Will jump, "I SEE HOW IT IS, DI ANGELO! GUESS WHAT?! I AM GOING BACK TO MY CABIN RIGHT NOW AND DYING MY HAIR BLONDE, SEE HOW YOU LIKE THAT, EH?! I WILL SHOW YOU THAT I, PERCY JACKSON, AM EVERYBODY'S TYPE! YOU CAN'T FIGHT IT, DI ANGELO, I WILL MAKE YOU LOVE ME!"
...
So this was my prayer answered, Nico thought tiredly.