~FIVE~

∆•∆•∆•∆•∆
"Life is crazy but I know I can work it out. 'Cause I got you to live it with me."
                         ∆•∆•∆•∆•∆

  Dedicated to mohnie03       because her comments and votes motivate me😊

                  ∞ORE∞

“The date for the wedding is set then…”

I remembered the last words of my dad when we met with the girl’s parents. I watched how they planned. They were about to get me married without me having a say in it.

Without me having a say in my own freaking life! Like, what the heck?

I’ve been so shut out by my family members that I didn’t have control over me anymore. I’d lost myself to them. It was like they owned me− my decisions, my every move…every single darn thing.

I sighed as I sat up in the bed of my dorm in the boy’s hostel. The Boy’s hostel wasn’t in the school’s compound unlike the girls’ but it was just two blocks away from the school.

It was a relatively large hostel, with good enough facilities. It had three floors with each one containing at least seven rooms. Each room took four people. We were all arranged according to our classes.

The SSS3 boys were a bit different because we all huddled ourselves in one big room on the topmost floor. The biggest room in the whole hostel. Big enough to take all the SSS3 hostel boys and we were about ten boys to be exact− Jeremy Tosin, Fawaz Adepoju, Oche Daniels, Phillip Rotimi, Joshua Aliyu, Tobi Oni, Chukwudi Obi, Uduak Akpan, Fikayo Justice and me.

There were five bunks in the room, a big bathroom and toilet and wardrobe where could place our clothes. We all had our spots in the room.

“Guy, why your forehead come resemble cow shit?” I heard Jeremy’s voice say as the bed deepened and he sat beside me.

“Nice to see you too, bro,” I replied sarcastically.

The other guys were in the room either reading or just flexing but Phillip was sleeping. Like there was no tomorrow.

“Guy, what’s up with you na? I just wanted to make you laugh small jhor, see how you just kill vibe.”

“Sorry man…” I sighed running my palms over my face. “There’s just been a lot of things on my mind lately.”

“Oh, no wonder your face is pressed like that,” he said and made a kinda face that definitely did not look like me. It was funny though so I laughed.
“Thank God o, you finally laughed.”

He said feeling proud of himself.

“Jesus! Thunder fire your crystallized brain, Barack Obama and my dad are siblings!” Someone suddenly shouted and everyone looked to where the sound came from.

We all hissed and shook our heads when we realized it was from Phillip. Man still talks in his sleep. And he says trash.

“That was how he shouted yesterday that ‘Hamburger and Pizza were related to his girl friend’s maternal grandmother’,” Joshua Aliyu said making us to laugh.

“Phillip has a girlfriend?” Tobi Oni asked.

“Yeah, in his dreams,” Fawaz Adepoju replied and we all laughed again.

“But seriously man, what’s got you all worked up and tensed. I mean, the Ore I know isn’t always like this.” He made a gesture, moving his hand up and down.