~Villain~

Ariella's POV

How do you become the villain of your own story?

It started with one domino, that eventually led thousands of bricks to fall in its wake. A terrible pattern of never-ending mistakes and sins, happening across our lifetimes; apparently, this was normal in the torment of the universe -my life would be a tragedy you'd read in ancient epics. 

You'd think I'd have a great life from the looks of me. 

Blond hair, green eyes, fit body, and a little more than smart...I had a successful path paved for me since the moment I was born. 

But danger always wanted me for himself. 

And do you know what the worst part was?

I let him have me. 

I let the sweet feeling of sin corrupt and overtake everything in me. 

This is strange...I'm telling you the end of the story when it should start with a beginning. The beginning is the truest part of a story, but I don't really know how I got here in the first place. I just remember falling.

Falling to my death or falling for sin?

So here we are...the beginning of the end.  A beginning of what some might say a 'terrible end.'

Most of my life is a collection of short stories because nothing seems to ever last. 

All I've known was standing at the edge of the person I used to be. I wasn't quite gone but I wasn't free at the same time. 

I never was able to walk away. 

A part of me will always hold onto the hope of yesterday...while the other part will always look to the darkness of tomorrow. There can't be light without darkness. 

I knew I was always more than my past, but no matter where I escaped, it followed me. 

But it's true what people say.

People aren't real. This world I live in isn't real. Everything we think to be true isn't real because it is a creation of our imagination. I should know...I live in one of those worlds. 

I never liked endings but mine seemed to be the most adamant and came sooner than I'd like. It was mostly about the fear of being forgotten, knowing that you weren't important enough to be remembered. So when you finish this book don't forget about me. 

Because I know...I won't forget about the rollercoaster life has cursed me with. 

I've always been a work in progress...so here's the work in progress. 

Some say you find happiness eventually, so here's the story of how I tried to. 

Here's how I became the villain of my own story...

And did nothing to stop it...because I savored every fucking second. 

This is the story of how I indulged in The Darkest Sins