twenty three

chapter twenty three
"creep"

      "WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?"

      Lynn, along with Isaac for that fact, were both utterly confused on who the man standing behind Derek was. He looked to be around the same age as Lynn's mother, and she wondered if that meant he could potentially be related to Derek in some way.

      "You know, I thought the same thing when I saw you talking to Gerard at the sheriff's station," Derek snarkily replied, and Lynn glanced over towards Scott with a little bit of disbelief written on her face.

      "You did what with Gerald?" Lynn questioned a slightly offended tone of voice. What the hell did Derek mean he talked to Gerald? As in the boy wasn't to be trusted?

       "Okay, hold on. He-he threatened to kill my mom," Scott defended, and instantly, Lynn was to be relieved that Scott wasn't some secret spy actually on Gerald's side. "And I had to get close to him, what was I supposed to do?"

      "I'm gonna go with Scott on this one," the man spoke up, amusement clear in his tone of voice, and Lynn confusingly narrowed her eyes at him. "Have you seen his mom? She's gorgeous."

      Lynn stifled a laugh as both Derek and Scott yelled at the man to shut up, and then she inched closer to Scott while maintaining eye contact with the older man.

      "I'm sorry, am I supposed to know who this guy is?" Lynn questioned, and then Derek let out a little chuckle at the confused girl, a ghost of a smile written on his lips.

      "I'm offended Derek never talked about me," the man fake pouted, placing a hand on his chest dramatically, and then Lynn switched over to Derek, who only rolled his bright green eyes.

      "I was wondering the same thing," Isaac chimed in.

      "That's Peter, Derek's uncle. Little while back, he tried to kill us all, and then we set him on fire, and Derek slashed his throat," Scott explained, leaving both Isaac and Lynn with half stunned expressions and perked eyebrows.

      The man, Peter, then flashed a tight lipped smile and then held up his hand in a tiny wave, "Hi."

      Lynn's eyes seemed to linger on Derek for a moment, almost shocked to hear the fact that he had apparently murdered his uncle by ripping his throat out, and there was a part of her that feared the mere image of that.

      But then she was reminded, Derek knew little of her just as she knew little about Derek.

      "How is he alive?"