Introduction

Y/n's POV

I yawned and stretched as the sun shine burst through my window and kissed my face awakening me to begin what would become a very long day.

I sat up in my king sized bed, laying in a black comforter, with black sheets and black pillow cases.

I liked to keep my bed plain, so it doesn't away from my art on the walls.

My parents hate the fact that I love to paint, they say it's a waste of time that takes away from valuable training hours.

I only get away with it because I stay up late at night doing it behind their backs.

They like me to be well rested before training everyday so I get to sleep in.

They used to punish me for such actions, but after a couple years they got over it and let me have my way.

I know that makes me sound like a spoiled bitch, but trust me I'm pretty much the exact opposite.

This never happens for anything else, this is my one and only exception.

I like to get inspiration from my missions, so I paint the most memorable things about them.

There was one mission from when I was still mastering my nen, and I accidentally almost set a gas station on fire.

That was my favorite painting I had done on my wall.

The glowing flames and the red neon really stuck out to me and pleased my aesthetic.

Anyways, I sat up from my bed and took a look at my closest, oh, what to wear?

I turn 18 today.

I wanna wear a good outfit, but on every birthday I have my biggest missions.

I love going on difficult missions, it just makes the feeling on success all the better.

Failure really isn't an option.

Screw it, I'm gonna wear this.

I threw on one of my favorite outfits.

My room was big because were rich.

After all, I come from a family of professional hunters.

I exited my room and down the stairs to the kitchen.

My parents and my older brother Yuki were up already with a cake for me.

"Happy 18th birthday Y/n!" My parents said.

"Thank you guys!" I said. "You really didn't have to get me a cake!"

"Oh please, Y/n." Yuki rolled his eyes. "Cut the act, you know you expected this."

Ouch. I ignored the guy, I just wanted to be nice. Yuki's always this way.

I shouldn't have expected him to be nicer to me just because it's my birthday.

Yuki turned 19 three months ago.

"Your birthday gift is a new mission!" My mom said with excitement.

Well duh, it always is.

"What is it this year?" I asked with a smile.

My father whipped out a beige file and handed it over to me.

I opened it and gasped.

It was information on Kukuroo Mountain and the Zoldyck family.

"Are you serious?!" I asked. "The Zoldyck family?! They're assassins! The most powerful ones to ever live in fact!"

"We know." My father said with a smirk. "You need to get a picture of at least one of them."

"You won't be allowed to return home until you complete your mission." My mother explained. "We'll only give you enough money to cover a round trip to Kukuroo Mountain to back here."

"You're joking?!" I asked. "Not only do I have to go to the Zoldyck's, but I don't even get money for food?!"

"What, can you not do it sis?" Yuki asked. "Is it too much for a little girl like you?"

"Shush Yuki!" I said. "I can handle it. I was just surprised."

"That's the attitude sweetie!" My mom said but then immediately changed her tone. "But don't even think about not completing your mission."

"Yeah, I know." I said, trying to keep myself from having an attitude.

That's always been the rule.

You cannot return home unless you've completed your mission.

Yuki came home once without completing a mission.

I was so traumatized, I was just a child.

I had no idea that much blood could come out of a person and they'd live.

Yuki was beaten for weeks on end and I was terrified for him.

From then on, Yuki has never failed a mission.

My record is clean, I've completed every mission ever given to me.

My parents seem like they're good people, but they're really monsters.

I just have to please them by completing my missions.

That's what keeps them happy, what keeps the peace.

They send us on missions to earn money and train.

They want us to be the best of the best hunters and keep their reputations.

They both used to be zodiacs, two of the best ten hunters in the world, but they retired from that job.

They don't need to go on missions often, they make plenty from just one alone.

They want Yuki and I to reach their status.

I ate a piece of cake and headed off.

I took the jenny given to me, enough for one round trip.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

End of chapter 1! This was just the introduction, so we'll get to Killua in the next chapter. I'm gonna aim to make chapters around 1000 words, I don't know if that's not enough. I really hope you enjoyed! This is my first ever story that I plan to post so let me know what you think of it, I'd really appreciate it :))