i . quest

The world outside was lively. All sorts of people could be seen interacting with each other―an old man yelling at a cyclist for almost crashing into him, a young boy purchasing a sweet pastry from a bakery, a couple taking a walk while holding hands.

A deep sigh could be heard from the other side of the window.

Another boring day had begun in (first name) (last name)'s boring life, she narrated inside her head as she lazily supported her head against the window of the bus to school. She tried to push in her earphones in further to avoid having to listen to any conversations around her, turning the volume up. As the current song ended, she took her phone to skip all next songs until it was getting on her nerves and she just let the one in the queue play. Even listening to my music is boring, she remarked and turned her attention to the other passengers on the bus.

"I don't love you anymore," said the man in the brown jacket before getting up and leaving the bus at the next stop. "I don't even know you," commented the woman who sat across from him, watching him go.

(first name) scoffed to herself while coming up with fake dialogues as she observed the people on the bus. This is so boring.

***

A new school day was about to begin at Karasuno Highschool. Groups of friends used the time before lessons would begin to meet up and hang out with their friends. This included the clique of (first name). For some reason, it had almost become a tradition to meet up around her desk. Not that she minded her friends, but she did like her space. Not to mention when her friends would start eating and get crumbs all over her stuff. This time the culprit was her best friend Eri who immediately put away her chocolate bar when she saw (first name)'s angry glare.

"What's up, (first name)?" she asked. "You seem crankier than usual," Eri said and finished her chocolate bar, crumpling up its packaging. "Huh, nothing," (first name) replied. "Our school days are so boring lately," she added, supporting her head on the palm of her hand. "Oh?" Eri cocked an eyebrow, then snapped her fingers.

"Wait, I have an idea!" she announced to her group of friends. "Something to spice up our ordinary school life since none of us is a delinquent or something," Eri joked before explaining her suggestion. "You!" she pointed at her best friend and started looking around when something caught her attention. "Aha! I dare you to make Kei Tsukishima cry!" Eri proposed, a wide grin on her face while nodding her head towards something―someone―behind the group of friends.

Hesitantly, (first name) turned her head and saw the person in question entering the classroom with another student, presumably his friend. "Uh, what?" she decided to ask, questioning the morality of the task given to her. "Have you lost your mind? Why in the world would you want me to do that?!"

"Huh? What, that would certainly bring some action into your oh-so boring life, no?" Eri asked innocently, a finger to her chin.

"Good idea! Why don't you hire me as an assassin while you're at it? That would surely change my whole life," (first name) commented in a highly sarcastic tone which made her friend roll her eyes.

"Okay, calm down, (first name). It's just a game! Besides, I believe that would be a real challenge which you might not even pass! Not that I know much about Tsukishima-kun, but he doesn't strike me as someone emotional," Eri observed much to her friend's distaste.

"Could you please stop staring in his direction?!"

"Whoops, you're right," she giggled. "So? What do you say?"

"Do it yourself. You're crazy," (first name) said and crossed her arms, believing this conversation was over. "(first name)," Eri sighed. "Do you want money for it? I'll give you ¥10,000* if you make it!" she stated excitedly, her group of friends staring at her in disbelief.