ONE

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

I stamp my bare feet against the leaves and branches that scatter the forest floor, my breath struggling as I turn to my dad, Nick, who was trying his hardest to keep up with me

I stamp my bare feet against the leaves and branches that scatter the forest floor, my breath struggling as I turn to my dad, Nick, who was trying his hardest to keep up with me. Noticing his skin was beading in thick sweat but we were too desperate to get away to care.

A fire burned in my stomach but no matter how much it hurt, I ignored it. We were currently in dangerous territory and we needed to get the fuck out. Hearing the chants of our pack behind us, hunting for us. For my mothers sick desires.

My chest made me feel like I was suffocating, my lungs being crushed to its capacity. Feeling like my blood was splattered across my ribs. Adrenaline was pumping around every inch of my body yet I still felt like I was about to fall any given second.

"Cleo," my father shouts alarming me, his eyes turn to a sheltered cottage behind a set of trees. "Let's go."

Carrying my feet towards the small house, watching as my dad shoves his elbow through a tainted piece of glass, it shatters in front of him but he doesn't retract, he ushers me in. We climb through the broken window, the glass scraping my legs but that was the least of my worries.

My dad falls in behind me and we hide away in the corner, attempting to calm my breathing from how heavy it currently was. None of us speak, waiting for the sounds of the wolves running past and rustling through the trees.

Looking around the room for the nearest escape if we were caught, the room was dark and damp. It smelt like old furniture and dust, cobwebs and spiders hung from every corner.

My dad sits up on his knees and examines me. "Are you okay?" He asks desperately. I swallow harshly, my skin beginning to heat up. "Cleo, you've gone incredibly pale."

My heavy eyes look up at him. "What do you think," I spit out angrily. "She's just done her fucking voodoo shit on me, God knows what's going to happen!"

He blinks back at my sudden outburst but before he has the chance to speak, a wave of excruciating pain rolls over my body. It felt like roots growing inside of me, stretching every inch of my skin. My mouth opens to scream and I fall down onto my back, shivering against the dirty floor.

"Cleo," my dad clasps my face between his hands. "What's going on?"

My ears become blocked and my face heats up, thrashing against his hold to try and rid myself of this agony. Sharp shooting sensations up and down my spine, a thousand words swirling around my head, the feeling of my fingernails being ripped from their beds.

Gripping onto my hair through my roots to scream over and over, my body jolting into uncomfortable positions. My back almost snapping in the process, panting out for air, for someone to save me.

"I'm going to die." I cry out.

"No honey," my dad shakes his head at me through my blurry vision. "No you're not, you're okay. It's okay."