Chapter 1

~□ Rowan □~

It's finally Friday, which means after today, I don't need to be near anyone except my sister, Willow. Speaking of the devil, Willow came in my room and woke me up with a hard *SMACK* on my cheek.

 "OW! What was that for?!" I asked my sister in a very angry tone. 

"Well, if you were to put on your alarm I wouldn't have had to waste my time getting out of the comfort of my own room to wake your lazy bum up." Willow stated matter of factly while flipping her already done black hijab over her shoulder like one would do with their hair. I rolled my eyes and shooed her out of my room so I could get ready. After I got ready, I packed my things in my bag and headed out of my room, down the stairs and into the kitchen to see two plates with toast and eggs ready for me and Willow.

"Thanks." I thanked Willow that was currently eating her eggs and toast. 

"No problem." replied Willow with a grin.

I sat down and started to eat my breakfast while a thought crossed my mind and reminded me of something. "Hey, is dad still at work?" I asked Willow noticing she finished her meal.

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure he's not coming back until tonight." Willow answered. I acknowledged her answer by responding with an inaudible "Oh."

Ever since my mom and dad divorced, dad is always at work and whenever he is actually at home, we are almost always asleep and in the morning he's at work again. Dad works as a manager in a good company so he makes pretty good money. Oh, and also Willow just recently converted to Islam 7 months ago and me and my dad were pretty accepting if I say so myself. Me and my father aren't very religious but we accepted Willow just the way she is.

I finished my breakfast, grabbed my bag, and followed my already ready sister out to her Sacramento colored Jeep Wrangler and climbed into the passenger seat. Willow got the car ready with a *vrooooooooooom* and took off to our high school.

Willow stoped and parked the car near the 'Oceanview Public High School of the Dolphins' which I never understood because we are nowhere near the ocean.

Willow and I got out with our things and went into the school. We said our farewells and parted our own ways since I'm a sophomore and Willow is a senior. I passed through a couple hallways, passing by cliche cliques that every high school has, such as; the nerds, the mean girls, the geeks, the emo kids, and the jocks looking for the lockers.