I Love You

I shake to the sound of the loud alarm ringing on the nightstand of the dingy hotel. It isn't actually dingy, I just feel upset. Rubbing my eyes, I reach over and gently tap the orange button on the screen of my phone. The ringing stops as I pull my phone to me. I let my eyes open and look at the bright screen. My fingers slip at the sudden exposure to light and my phone hits the bridge of my nose. Groaning, I lower the brightness and open my phone. It's already 10 AM which means it's 7 AM in LA. I FaceTime Jill and smile as she answers still in bed.
"Morning beautiful," I say softly.
"Good Morning." She mumbles covering her face with a pillow before smirking.
She knows what's coming and I find it adorable how she hides from our annual routine. I sit up, never taking my eyes off her incredibly light tresses.
"Happy Birthday." I laugh standing up and letting the covers fall from my chest.
I take a sharp breath as the cool air makes the nerves of my chest tingle.
"What did you do this time?!" She smiles, letting her head peek out from the top of a pillow.
"Check underneath the bed." I snicker as I pull open the light-blocking blinds.
I hear a sigh and watch as she gets up, rubbing her eyes. She bends and I laugh as I hear her start to chuckle.
"How?-" She starts.
"I had Tal sneak it in there last night." I smile.
"Where are the kids? I don't hear them?" She says standing.
I laugh and anticipate her leaving the room. The door opens and I laugh as I see silly string spraying her from all sides. She screams and we laugh. I stare wistfully at her shocked face through the phone. The sound of the kid's echoes in my ears as I smile wide.
"I hate you!" She giggles.
"We know." We all say loudly.
The kids run closer and hug Jill. We smile and I feel myself aching to be there.
"I ordered breakfast from your favorite place it should be there soon," I say happily as I walk into the bathroom.
"Thank you." She smiles, walking into our bathroom.
I prop my phone by the mirror and start brushing my teeth. She does the same and I watch her face, smiling wide.
"I miss you." She says before spitting in the sink.
"I wish I was there. But I'll be home on Saturday. I promise. I have more gifts." I say softly, rinsing out my mouth.
"Do these gifts involve...clothes?" She asks sneakily.
"They...do...not," I smirk.
"I can't wait." She says and we laugh.
"I have to go, I'll call you after filming," I say looking at the time.
"Have a good day." I smile.
We blow each other kisses and I hang up, laughing.

I step in the shower and feel awful because I can't be in Malibu. I can't wait to hug Jill and kiss her. Maybe I could get home faster if I finish my scenes. I jump out of the shower and pull on my boxers. Pulling up black, straight cut trousers, I smile seeing my watch across the room. I throw on a shirt and jacket.  Walking over, I gently pick out the piece of metal with a black leather strap. My name is indented in the strap and I bring it to my nose. I smile again as I take in the scent of fresh leather. The red on the inside shines perfectly and I carefully strap it.

The air outside chills by bones as I snap on a mask and walk across the street. I grab a bagel and walk down the sidewalk until I reach filming. I smile as I see my security guard arguing with the director.

"Mr. Dempsey, where were you?" Jim asks.
"No one is out here to kill me, Jim." I smile and see my fellow actors laughing.
"You are late." Amanda Warren pulls me aside and I smirk.
"Nothing beats a good bagel near New York," I say defensively as I walk into my trailer.

She follows me inside and sits next to me, in front of the large mirror. The makeup crew does our makeup and I do the scenes fast. I look at the time and realize that's it is already 5 o'clock. Quickly, I pull out my phone and post my favorite picture of Jill and me. As I read some of the comments, I smile wide. People are saying that they love our relationship. I smile and start walking down the sidewalk to my hotel. Jim walks up to me and pulls me into the limo.

I sigh and let myself be driven down the street. Pulling out my phone,  post one of my favorite pictures of Jill and so that the public can wish her a happy birthday. Immediately, the post gets likes and I see kind comments praising our relationship.