Weary Wizard

Harry stared at Zacharias, the rude boy who had just identified himself, in complete bewilderment. Perhaps Hermione had lied about the purpose of this meeting, since these students didn't seem willing to find a solution to their inadequate Defence-lessons problem. He banished the silly thought from his mind after spotting the withering glare Hermione aimed at Zacharias. She inhaled deeply – a sure sign she was about to lay into the boy's idiotic questions – so Harry put a hand on her knee, halting her rebuke and making her eyes flicker towards him. Harry inconspicuously shook his head. Since she refrained from answering the loud-mouthed boy, his intervention had been successful.

The sound in the Hog's Head picked up exponentially, drowning out the other occupants.

Harry took a swig from his Butterbeer, swirling the cool liquid in his mouth before swallowing. Several near-death experiences had taught him to enjoy the simplest of things, and having this vanilla-flavoured drink was one of them.

SLAM.

The pub became eerily silent after Zacharias slammed his empty bottle on the table.

"Well?" Zacharias demanded.

Harry lazily put his bottle on the table, taking great care as to not make a sound. The childish theatrics amused him. "Well, what?"

A sneer became visible, making Harry wonder if Malfoy had been giving lessons. "What happened at the end of the third task?"

"Are you a first year?"

"Do I look like a first year?"

Harry looked away from the arrogant boy since he wanted a clear answer instead of more questions. As such, he turned towards Hermione. "He doesn't look like a first year. I thought students were obligated to attend the tasks, so shouldn't he know what happened?"

Hermione swallowed when everyone's attention turned to herself again. She pursed her lips to avoid a twitch from showing after she noticed Zacharias fuming at the treatment he was receiving from Harry.

"What he means," Michael Corner said, "is after you and Cedric disappeared from the maze."

"On three, right?"

"Kill the spare."

"Avada Kedavra!"

Harry pushed the memories away, especially the all too familiar green light that had claimed another life. "Really?" he whispered. He felt Hermione put her own hand on his, which – to his surprise – was still on her knee.

"Yes, really," Zacharias spat out.

Harry looked around the pub. Everyone's attention was on him, including those that didn't attend Hogwarts. "Raise your hand if you're here for an explanation about Cedric's death."

Several hands shot up when Harry pronounced the Hufflepuff's name and before he finished the sentence. Others, encouraged by their peers, followed slowly but steadily. Hermione sighed softly at the Gryffindor chasers before closing her eyes when spotting Neville's hand. Contrary to Hermione's reaction, Harry didn't even twitch. She tapped her thumb against his hand to receive his attention. Harry inclined his head at her, not needing to be told that she had a load of questions that he'd better answer.

"Looks like the majority wants to know," Zacharias said, voice oozing with superiority.

Harry faced the entire group, most of them carrying jubilant expressions. "Looks like the majority can piss off."

For the second time since entering the shady pub, the noise level blew out of proportion when everyone started hurling questions and insults at Harry. Harry observed the cacophony with disinterest. These people had allowed a fool to speak for them and had been stupid enough to support said fool. Their fate was sealed since Harry had no interest in teaching people that could be distracted this easily. As for their Defence O.W.L. ... well, that's what official school lessons were for.