twenty five

chapter twenty five
"you still got us"

chapter twenty five"you still got us"

      "LYNN!"

      A STILL WOLF-LIKE Lynn was taken off guard as the kanima tackled her to the ground, her ribs colliding with the hard stone of a ground, and she howled out in pain the creature buried his claws into her lower chest.

      Derek growled intensely, darting towards the kanima as managed to claw Jackson off the wolf, but her white hair was now replaced by being matted with blood. Anger was flowing throughout Derek's veins like a river, but even for being an alpha, he was truly no match for the kanima.

      All while the werewolves were trying to fight off Jackson, Isaac had been torn away from the ground by Allison. She had managed to dig two of her knives into the boys chest, and then kneeled him straight in his area, making him cave over in pain.

      And just as Allison spun those two knives in her glove riddled hands, she was interrupted as Scott yelled out, "No, Allison!"

      Allison froze in her footsteps as she recognized her boyfriends voice echo throughout the room — and in just perfect timing for Gerald, because it was now his turn to speak up.

      Lynn noticed the way Derek was now groaning on the ground, holding his abdomen as she saw the many bloodied spots of his body where the kanima had scratched or deeply cut. And just as she rose her injured body to walk towards him, she was interrupted as the kanima pressed her skull right back into the ground, and she hissed out in annoyance.

      But Jackson didn't move, and her eyes darted over towards Gerald — he knew what he was doing, preventing Lynn was moving was his best bet, because even though Derek was an alpha, he was extremely wounded at the moment. An evolved werewolf could most definitely surpass his strength at the moment, so, he needed the kanima to pin her furred body against the cold concrete.

      "Not yet, sweetheart," Gerald warned his granddaughter, and Lynn's breathing was heavy due to the fact Jackson was now constricting her neck by stepping on it, not allowing any air into her lungs.

      "What are you doing?"

      "He's doing what he came here to do," Scott replied, and Lynn switched her blue eyes over towards the boy as he itched closed to Gerald.

      "Then you know," Gerald sickly smiled towards Scott, and Lynn didn't know how much longer she could take the kanima closer off her airway. "It was the night outside the hospital, wasn't it, when I threatened your mother. I knew I saw something in your eyes. You could just smell it, couldn't you?"